Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: jumping the outlaw

Like I said earlier, buy an issue of Quad Magazine, read the article about all the 450's goin head to head.

You'll be disappointed to know who comes in last!

Honda aint the sh** bro!

POLARIS is CRAP! They don't belong and will NEVER belong.

Originally posted by LOUDONE
    Your crap!!! and you don't belong here! hence the polaris predator forum moron.
    2004 Troy Lee Preddyrocket
    *Pro Aluminum nerf bars
    *Blingstar Cross bumper
    *Motoin Pro twist throttle
    *Maxxis I-razr's
    *Honda Civic Intake
    *Lonestar Steering Stem
    *Lonestar +2 A-arms
    *Dura-blue axle
    *Big Gun Evo pipe and rev box
    *side winder sprokets and chain

Originally posted by Eric_Winkworth
    Wasn't honda the first company to come out with an aluminum dirkbike frame.

Like someone said before honda didn't ever make snowmobiles which they actually did, just no one bought them, must have been the same deal at the polarass three wheeler.

I currently own two vintage Kawasaki race sleds, and I must say after looking at indy's beside them it is rediculous how much technology polaris gained when they bought that line up.

my 440 will do 100mph. 85HP baby, before 1984 polaris didn't have a chance in hell at catching a kawasaki. And then they became kawasaki

I'm really not overly biased, I just don't like plastic racks, plastic motor covers, excess weight for no reason. Cheap parts that are built to break.

my real pet peeve is car/truck these days everything is built like a pile of ****, even imports arn't what they used to be.

I agree honda has its issues, last years gold wings were right hurtin.

Nothing is made like its used to be.

cheers
    did u realize that kawasaki has the words suzuki on it.z400/kfx400,praire 700/twin peaks700.i agree nothings like it used to but atleast polaris is still original with the irs.sooooo yeeeah.

Originally posted by LOUDONE
    2006 Sport ATV of the year -(outlaw) ATV Rider Magazine
    2005 Sport Quad of the year-(predator) ATV Sport Magazine

It appears they belong with some of the most popular magazines.

Honda won any awards lately.... hmmmm? nope!

Originally posted by bradley300
    put a aftermarket axle, wheels, steel swingarm, aftermarket shocks, and maxxis radial tires on a honda or yam. 450 and see how much they weigh. not to mention, find a way to ge rid of all the bumpsteer on another 450. all stuff that the pred TLD comes with STOCK. thats part of the "weight issue" that really isnt there when you look at the parts on the pred vs. the other flimsy light weight crap on the other quads.
    Sorry to go completely off topic, but Cannondale Blazes and Motos had more aftermarket than that from the factory and still weighed in at like 375 or something like that. Predators are heavy and thats just the way it is, they are a little wider than most quads and have a little bit more aftermarket than most quads and of course that will add weight, but Im sure that there is something Polaris could do to cut some more weight, those 2 reasons alone arent why the Predator is so heavy.

Also, I have mixed opinions about the Outlaw, most talk bad about it, it even lost in that shootout against the 700r and the Outlaw. But at my last race I believe an Outlaw got first in my class. It was muddy, and ruts were deep, and he had the ground clearance, simple as that. I believe if dialed in correctly Im sure they could be a pretty bad *** quad, but its the Predator motor that I dont like about it, not the IRS. The IRS is a very unique design and Im sure will improve greatly throughout the years, but Ill stick with what we know works, a solid axle/swingarm.
    #76 2002 Cannondale
    DirtSurfers
    Iowa OHV
    IATVHSS

I will happily race anyone in harescramble track on the equivilent other brand of quad they want. I'll prove the predator is a fast good handling quad.

I hope Polaris puts out a Predator next year that has a fuel injected KTM powerplant, I will have one asap. The Fiji motor is where most of the excess wieght comes from.
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

I'll race anyone on a stock Honda 450R on some tight crappy trails with my stock Outlaw and will laugh at their attempt to keep up with me
    2006 Polaris Outlaw
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    Outerwears Airbox Lid

lol

guys I think he was just trying to get you all pissed and ranting off of subject. I think that Polaris is one of the best I cant say (the best) that still is in the works. Polaris is one of the most daring companys out there the put a outlaw in the race scene without alot of trak time just to see how it does, Most others test it out for a year or two before they take the chance. also they let a racer run as near to stock as they could possibly go just to show the capabilitys of there machines with little extra investment.That shows Balls and the might not have a big aftermarket (yet) but it is on the horizan. I am waiting to see what the next move is for Polaris.I never jump on the first model I see of anything just because I want tosee its flaws first so either I or someone else can figure a way around it and make it better. I have seen alot of outlaw sales and very few of any other model in all of the local dealers just due to the terrain and have already been seeing the compatition getting wipped.I had a predator and loved it I just need something I could take my kids on so I got a Ranger.

Come to Mo and race. www.mhscracing.com the scedule is there. Not may polaris's race our series. I would like to see an outlaw hold up to some abuse before I buy one. I know some GNCC guys and gals are racing them but they have great mechanics. I want to see how it holds together with the avg joe taking care of it. I am not against owning one at all. Later, Josh

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast