Thread: shifter fork?

shifter fork?

last night at a race i was coming out of a corner 3rd gear wide making a pass when all of a sudden my quad gave out and i was on the rev limiter. i sat there rocking trying to get it into gear and it wouldnt. several pro riders were telling me it was my shifter crack. i have no idea what this is. and they said it was gonna cost a lot to fix because you had to break down the motor. true?
    It's Not a Tragedy to Die Doing What You Love.
    2005 YFZ 450: Blue, Hyper Carbon Fiber Wheels, Elkas, Lonestar DC-4 Longtravel A-arms, 13:1 High Compression Piston, Ported and Polished, Valves, Lonestar Axle, Tag T2 Handlebars, Curtis Sparks Big Core Shorty Pipe, K&N Air filter, Chrome Burguard +2 Steering Stem, AC ProPegs, Pro-tec Clutch Arm, 400ex Throttle Assembly, DG Stadium Series Bumper, Maxxis Razar Tires, Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop, Rev Box...

your shifter problem

could be a combination of problems, i had to change third gear which appears to be the weak link gear of the transmission. third gear is made of more than just one gear. plus you pobably bent a shift fork. you should replace the shift forks regardless since they bend so easily. if your racing better to have new forks to begin with.
    a 02 426 ex 13:5:1 je piston port and polish, hotrod crank and hd rod, 44mm lectron on nitro/alcohol, lightened flywheel, air box eliminator, 5" over swing arm,shaw shocks .

is the shifter fork in the middle of the motor? and is it going to be costly? Thanks
    It's Not a Tragedy to Die Doing What You Love.
    2005 YFZ 450: Blue, Hyper Carbon Fiber Wheels, Elkas, Lonestar DC-4 Longtravel A-arms, 13:1 High Compression Piston, Ported and Polished, Valves, Lonestar Axle, Tag T2 Handlebars, Curtis Sparks Big Core Shorty Pipe, K&N Air filter, Chrome Burguard +2 Steering Stem, AC ProPegs, Pro-tec Clutch Arm, 400ex Throttle Assembly, DG Stadium Series Bumper, Maxxis Razar Tires, Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop, Rev Box...

the shifter forks are smack dab in the middle of the motor.

call up c&d racing, they will do a far better job than a dealership.