Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing needle on an 06 450R FCR carb

Cool.......It would help......Thanks again for illustrations on changing the needle......was painless........Thanks

question

I have a 07..My retainer on top of the slide does not take the 4mm allen. It takes an 8mm socket. I have an hrc needle to put in, But, it just goes right through the retainer? Mt stock needle has like a small flange on it, that is what holds it into the retainer, then you put the little clip back on. Are the retainers diff on the 06/07. Because mine is not like the one in the pic.

Yes, the 2007's have a different needle assembly than the 06's. Good observation! Also I understand the older needles should work in the new carb...
    06 Honda 450ER
    Rossier full
    HotCams Stage 2
    EHS lid -- K&N
    Pro-Armor
    ----------------------
    06 Honda 250EX
    HMF sport full
    K&N -- Fly bars

450 carb on 400

hello and thanks for all the info i have this carb on a 440 and i think the person that had it before might have had a stock exhaust so every time i turn the bike off it back fires and off the bat its sluggish does any one know what to do .. i am thinking i need to change the jets what do you guys think and what jets to use i have a pro circuit t-4 exhaust thanks

Wow your carb look like mine and it come from a yfz450 how many feet are you from the water ?
    In Honda we thrust !
    400ex 2003
    Performance : hotcam stage 2, full yoshimura rs-3, k&n filter open box, wiseco piston 406cc 11:1, curtis 6x advenced timing key, yfz 450 carburator with a 240 main jet.
    I also hav rad double bearring carrier, nerf bar pro peg pro armor
    FaT_aL

what do you mean how many feet from water?

Your needle clip is adjusted if your are in montain or not (latitude) i think
    In Honda we thrust !
    400ex 2003
    Performance : hotcam stage 2, full yoshimura rs-3, k&n filter open box, wiseco piston 406cc 11:1, curtis 6x advenced timing key, yfz 450 carburator with a 240 main jet.
    I also hav rad double bearring carrier, nerf bar pro peg pro armor
    FaT_aL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12