Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic oil = power increase

Thumbs up Synthetic oil = power increase

I changed oil today from regular 10w30 to 5w30 synthetic and there seemed to be a increase in power, I noticed a smoother idle and when I went for a ride I could have sworn there was more power. Has anyone else noticed this?
    2002 400 EX,White Bros E-Series Slip-on, 22" Maxxis All-Trac,SunStar 14 t sprocket, K&N Filter,Outerwears, 8-1" Holes, Brake blockoff,
    AC Propegs,Renthal bars, 0w40 AMSOIL

I saw this in a cartoon once and I think it will work.

Yea, that synthetic is GREAT stuff... I use Mobil 1 in all my quads!

Just for kicks I tried some in my lawnmower. It used to take a little over a tank of gas to do my lawn now it takes a little less than a tank. It also runs smoother too!
    SMC

Thumbs up

I also noticed a power increase when I switched to synthetic.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

That's only because your wallet is lighter :-)

Originally posted by JabberJaw
    That's only because your wallet is lighter :-)
    lolol
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

I just changed my oil too, and thought it seemed snappier, but I wasnt sure. Synthetic more expensive then petrol? You got that backwards my friend! You cant compare gas station petrol to mobil one synthetic.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Question

I have a question about the synthetic oils you are all discussing. I bought the mobil 1 full synthetic 10W-40 motorcycle oil for my atv and I am wondering about the 15W-50 that you are all talking about? Is the regular mobil 1 for the cars just as good to use? I don't want to hurt this thing and I am afraid to do anything to it because its my first brand new ATV. Thanks for your replies!
    '02 400ex... Completely stock.. for now

Use the Mobil 1 synthetic motorcycle oil. It has a picture of a crotch rocket on the bottle. Wal-Mart sells it.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Originally posted by knighttime
    Use the Mobil 1 synthetic motorcycle oil. It has a picture of a crotch rocket on the bottle.
    That crotch rocket picture on the bottle nearly doubles the price! I've been using the automotive type Mobil 1 for over 6 years with NO problems... why change?
    SMC

The one with the crotch rocket has a little bit of a different formulation than the automotive type of Mobil 1. Save a few bucks if u like, but the motorcycle oil is better to use in a quad/dirtbike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast