Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 250R/Banshee Conver.

250R/Banshee Conver.

Does anyone have pics of the Banshee motor in the 250R frame/ect.?

I'm planning on doing this conversion when I can save enough to get another 250R Roller. I need to know what kind of fabrication I will have to do to get the motor to fit inside.

Will it actually fit with just some custom mounts or will I have to do more extensive frame mods to get it to work (Like cutting)?
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

sounds cool dont know about the ?s

Yeah, it's really sweet. There are pics of one floating around somewhere.

It's going to be a dune machine... I've drawn out specs for it, but I need some info on the motor fitment so I can draw up some sketches.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

if the shee motor doesnt work you can put a zilla motor in it

A banshee engine in an R would be stupid. You could save yourself a ton of money and a lot of fab work by just buying an aftermarket cylinder like a 350 Pro-X and buy a 5mm stroker crank..boom 380ccs which is PLENTY for a 250R. You will need a long swingarm to keep that sucker down if your planning on duning. Another thing to think about would be a stock 250 cylinder with QUALITY porting done to it. Were not talking CT, Nacs,Trinity,Paul Turner, Duncan etc. Basically any of the big name builders wont give you what they claim. I'd personally reccomend www.davemooreracing.com and www.patriotracing.com

Zilla motor doesnt make sense either...unreliable and not much for aftermarket support anymore.

But I don't have anything to do. Where's the fun in throwing an aftermarket cylinder on a quad?

I want something really cool and original. Besides, if I want an aftermarket cylinder I will put one on my existing quad.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

whatever floats your boat..or sinks your sub...BTW if its already been done before its not really original.

Good Luck

Idk if you would like it, but what about a 400ex motor? You would have the most reliable motor out there in the best handling chasis.

Originally posted by 250-R-250
    Idk if you would like it, but what about a 400ex motor? You would have the most reliable motor out there in the best handling chasis.

boring

PUT THAT SHEE MOTOR IN IT!!!!!!!!!

I've already had a 400EX, not nearly fast enough for me even in 440 form. Maybe I'll do a KTM conversion. Is the frame too short for that?

By the way, it's been done but people don't do it very often. The Banshee motor has a boundless potential for power. You can get around 140 horses from them, maybe more. The 250R is the perfect frame and the Banshee motor is one of the greatest two stroke engines.

It will be a little heavier, but It will make up in power. I'm even going to do the single pipe and single carb mod to it. Biggest cylinders I can get for it, wild porting, ect.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast