Thread: 1/4 ton exaust question

1/4 ton exaust question

ok so question being is a dual exaust actually worth it or is it just a looks thing, i was told that i would be better off with a 3" pipe rather than dual 2" or what ever. i'm lookin for performance and fuel econemy. and any one with a 98-02 S10 or sonoma know if the O2 censor it in front or behind the Cat.
    Its not a hobby, Its a lifestyle
    2003 400EX

i do believe the O2 is actaully in the cat on the newer -S-dime trucks.

As for duals or singles, there are pros adn cons to each. a singel will give you more low end, due more backpressure sine it is a smaller diameter tube(overall, compared to 2 pipes) The single 3" has less surface area than two 2" pipes. However , a true dual setup will give you a better peak gain, but with a true duals, make sure you atleast have an H-pipe, but preferably and X-pipe to keep pressure equal between the two banks of the motor. I like duals personally, but performace wise a good single pipe will do just as good as duals, but you probably wont be able to tell a difference between the two anyway as long as they are comparable systems.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

I single 2.5 will be fine, honestly I would just dump it unless ur gettin a cat back. Is a s10 a 1/4 ton anyway?
    (philadelphia) Bensalem, PA
    04 white z400
    some mods

yea sonoma's and S10's are both classed as "mid size" 1/4 ton trucks. i am mainly looking at cat back 1. because its something like a $1000 fine if your caught with out one, and 2. because i'm pretty sure if you take it out it screws your computer and censors up, and they charge out the @$$ to move the censors and recode the comp.
    Its not a hobby, Its a lifestyle
    2003 400EX