Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budds Creek Harescrambles are no more!!!

Budds Creek Harescrambles are no more!!!

Just called thier phone number and pushed # 3 for quads and they are not having hare scrambles anymore. They need more parking. What a crock of $h!t!!!
    2005 TRX450R
    2005 Predator 90
    2002 Polaris Trail Boss

GNCC #883

Sponsors: Flexx Bars, Amsoil, Power Madd, Big Gun, Cardio Stack, Stomp Design Inc, Twin Air, Pump X, Dp Brakes, Smith Optics

they cant do that i dont think because they have like 3 more races on the d7 schudlue
    02 canin
    450 blaze shocks
    baja t9 razor
    protaper big bars
    ac propegs Thanks armoks 4 my .8 and randy 4 my motor work

Originally posted by cdaleman440
    they cant do that i dont think because they have like 3 more races on the d7 schudlue
    Apparently they already have. They have already cleared a bunch of woods from what I have been told. If you look on the D7 site under Harescrambles, not ATV Harescrambles, you can see where they have canceled the remaining races at Budds. That was one of the last HS races in Maryland. Now only Oakland remains, and the Wisp for the one GNCC.
    #913 BK Performance XC 450R. . . LSR, Laeger, Hiper, Precision, Maxxis, PRM, HMF, Custom Axis, Clarke, Wiseco . . .

I think it came from a couple reasons but parking was the #1, the rest of the races have been cancelled. Another reason that probley helped was injuries. Budds XC course is so wide open and fast, when injuries happened they were usually kind of bad. I hate to see a place that was so close to my house stop racing but there have always been issues there in the quality of events for the atvs.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

I think it was your fault cletus. You made "Jerry" mad when you threw away his flier . Way to go and screw it up for the rest of us . Sorry I can't go with you guys this weekend but I have too much other stuff to do.
    I doubt it had anything to do with the speed of the course. There are plenty of other tracks with similar conditions and they are still around.
    The AWRCS, Koontz and Mid Atlantic Grand Prix are some of the other good series in the Md. area.
    04 450R, Motion Pro twist, PRM skids, IMS pegs & heel guards, Pro armor nerfs, Powermadd hand guards, ITP beadlocked razr 2's, Pro taper bars, PEP stabilizer, spider grips, GTThunder front and rear XC link/re-valve, HMF slip-on, ALBA graphics.

Originally posted by 400exvet
    I think it was your fault cletus. You made "Jerry" mad when you threw away his flier . Way to go and screw it up for the rest of us . Sorry I can't go with you guys this weekend but I have too much other stuff to do.
    I doubt it had anything to do with the speed of the course. There are plenty of other tracks with similar conditions and they are still around.
    The AWRCS, Koontz and Mid Atlantic Grand Prix are some of the other good series in the Md. area.
    Go where? Looking at the weather it looks like we won't be riding anywhere. I was hoping to get out considering this is my last weekend of freedom, I finally found a job and start Monday. I just try and look at it as more beer money and quad parts, it makes it easier to handle. Oh and by the way I kept the flier.
    #913 BK Performance XC 450R. . . LSR, Laeger, Hiper, Precision, Maxxis, PRM, HMF, Custom Axis, Clarke, Wiseco . . .

I'm sure its all on the management at budds creek, justin, jerry ...that guy probably had no say in it
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

It was all Jonathon Beasley's desicion. There have been too many accidents so he said thats it. I have said it once and I will say it again. All they care about up there is the AMA national in june. That is their money maker so they don't give 2 chits about anything else.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Originally posted by AtvMxRider
    It was all Jonathon Beasley's desicion. There have been too many accidents so he said thats it. I have said it once and I will say it again. All they care about up there is the AMA national in june. That is their money maker so they don't give 2 chits about anything else.
    I don't know about too many accidents. They are always having people flown out from the motocross track. Very few people have been hurt badly in the woods. Beasley has always wanted a Grand Prix/Motocross des nations event there. He tried back in the 90's with two grand prix events and failed. I think in order to get the motocross des nations he needed a much larger parking facility. You can't really blame the guy that is what he has always wanted, he just could have made it known to the HS community sooner. The last two races he has been thanking everyone for the large turnouts and telling everyone to keep it up. Oh well another crappy track with scoring problems has been retired. No big deal.

To say that Beasley only cares about tha ama National is crap. I have never been a true believer in his desisions,but at the quad national he flew in Donny Banks to help him build a quad friendly MX track. It may not have been anyones most favorite track but there was an effort.
    I did also see where they where clearing land for parking. Which is needed for the dirt bike nats, and a des nation event. Sorry to hear you guys lost another track to race at, but hopefully it will be replaced by another track you guys like better. If Jeremy is still your rep. let him know where you would like to race. We spoke up last year and have a couple of tracks that we suggested on our schedual this year.
    07 450ER
    O4 450R
    07 300ex
    05 Kasea lc 70 skyhawk
    05 Kasea 50 skyhawk
    CT3Motorsports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast