Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some help on timing my 400ex

It will not start without the plunger and spring if you have the stock cam in it. Without those in there, the compression release is always on; holding one of the exhaust valves slightly open. It lets out enough compression that it won't start.
    2002 400EX - Big Gun race series full system, RAD dual row bearing carrier, AC Racing bumper, MSR Dominator CR high bend bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, RAD Locknut, AC Std. nerfs, Kenda Klaw XCF fronts , Kenda Knarly rears, Spider Grips, LSR P-Brake Blockoff
    96 TRX300 4x4 - 25" Mudbugs, 2500lb Gorilla Winch, Spider Grips, Custom 86 TRX350 Rear End Conversion
    86 TRX 125
    02 TRX90

SWAT ATV Team of Pennsylvania - PA Guys check it out
    www.swatatvteam.com

thanks guys finally got it im going to order them from servicehonda.com, now all i need is 1 of each or what and anything else you can think of? thanks guys....
    99' 440ex,
    dg nerfs.
    dmc alien exhaust.
    race cut fenders.
    blingstar front bumper
    razr tiresdougles rims
    pro taper bars
    k&n powerpack
    gripper seat
    FUTURE MODS>>
    ELKA suspension
    ROLL DESIGN A_ARMS
    ROLL DESIGN STEERING STEM & STABILIZER

Order 1 Spring and 1 Plunger and you will be set.
    2002 400EX - Big Gun race series full system, RAD dual row bearing carrier, AC Racing bumper, MSR Dominator CR high bend bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, RAD Locknut, AC Std. nerfs, Kenda Klaw XCF fronts , Kenda Knarly rears, Spider Grips, LSR P-Brake Blockoff
    96 TRX300 4x4 - 25" Mudbugs, 2500lb Gorilla Winch, Spider Grips, Custom 86 TRX350 Rear End Conversion
    86 TRX 125
    02 TRX90

SWAT ATV Team of Pennsylvania - PA Guys check it out
    www.swatatvteam.com

I know this is an old thread, but will the fact I am missing these spring and plunger pieces cause it to run like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra-aBikwHYI
    My Other ride is a Honda FL350R With lots of Mods
    My Son Races MX on a 2006 Honda cr125r

if you were missing that plunger and spring your quad wouldn't even start. yours sounds like it needs the valves set with those feeler gauges.

just out of curiosity, did you install heavy duty head studs? if not, go ahead and order some. if not, plan on changing head gaskets on a regular basis
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

Originally posted by banisterjames
    if you were missing that plunger and spring your quad wouldn't even start. yours sounds like it needs the valves set with those feeler gauges.
    No I didn't and Yea I should have!!! It already had 2 heli-coills in it so I might have to use the smaller jug I have that came with it when I get around to getting that done... I got it running and am happy with the power now, but I need to get that fixed before it gets worse!!!
    My Other ride is a Honda FL350R With lots of Mods
    My Son Races MX on a 2006 Honda cr125r

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123