Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else like those hills at florence?

Anyone else like those hills at florence?

does anyone but me and my riding group like those hills out of the trees at florence? when were there last time, there was me on my 400, and two people in our group had 416's and FCR carbs. one of the kid's dads had a 416 and he went down those hills with us thinkin "how hard could these hills be if these 13 year old kids can make them everytime?" lol, he soon found out when he couldnt make it(he is the same size as me, 5'10, 140 lbs.) it ended up i had to ride his bike out and he had to climb up by himself. the hill the closest to the parking area that is in the trees is my favorite, cause you have to roll back and then start without much room. sorry for the long post, but there was alot to say.
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

I havent had the chance to go to FLorence yet, i usually spend most of my time around Sand Lake since my wife hates long road trips.
    I really enjoy those tree shot hills at the Lake.
    I just recently bumped myne up to a 416 so im anxious to see how it does on the hills now. How are the hills you are talking about different from the ones im talking about?
    That is if you know which ones im talking about.
    Hopefully one day ill go to FLorence im hoping the end of September give me some decent weather so i can make a jaunt down there.
    WHich has the bigger hill climbs, florence, coos-bay, or winchester???
    Take care
    Rhan
    McChord AFB, WA

Sand Lake is cool, but compared to Florence, it is tiny. I know what you mean about long road trips, though. I haven't had a chance to ride at Winchester, but I did make it down to a place called Horsfall just north of Coos bay for a couple of hours on the way home from Florence one time. (Had to make a major detour to get there, but we wanted to check it out) Anyway, there was a lot more to see there than what I could see in 4 or 5 hours, and I want to go back...someday.

winchester has by far the biggest hill climbs i think, except for one at coos bay that was really rutted that we didnt make. We got to a corner about 100 feet from the bottom of a hill as wide as one quad after we went around an S-curve up this hill, then found some real deep ruts. we didnt go back so we didnt get to go down it either. and winchester has iron man and a few that are like 400 feet tall it seems like. Im sure they are alot like the ones you are talking about, but i have never been to sand lake, so i dont really know.
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

Well im really sure sand lake isnt near the size of winchester or the other places, but for us its close to tacoma, and it offers good places for my daughter to rider her bike at. I really like hill climbing though, im always in search of the best tree shots i can find as well as bowls.
    I usually try those "idiot holes" at sand lake. SOme i fare well and others not so well.
    Riding is riding and as long as you have fun doing it thats all that matters.
    Thanks for the input
    Rhan

Yes, Florence would be a long haul from Tacoma. I'm in Kelso, and I think it is too far. We only go down there if we have a long weekend, or a whole week off. I just wouldn't go down on a holiday weekend....too crowded. My brother and I are taking my dad out to Sand Lake the weekend after Labor day for his "Rookie ride". Maybe this will convince him to get a quad of his own, then the three of us could hit up Florence, Winchester, Coos Bay, and maybe someday Glamis!!

Beverly Dunes?

Has anybody been to Beverly Dunes? We are thinking about going this weekend. I went to Florence last weekend-It was bad ***! Hopefully Beverly won't suck. How far is away is Sand Lake from Tacoma?
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

Ive never been to Beverly, but from the pics to me it seems kinda boring, but i could be wrong. We are leaving for Sand Lake this Thursday , usually i go the coast down because i stop in Bay Center to pick up Oysters, so my trip usually takes about 5 hours.
    But this time we are going down I-5 through Portland and then heading west, so it should take about 3.5 hours. I think?!?!?!?!!!!

I jjust found this site and I gotta say that I'm impressed!!!

My family and I just got back from 2 weeks on the Oregon coast. It was our first trip there. We camped at the Marina RV Resort in Winchester Bay and rode at Horsfalls, Spinreel, Winchester, and Florence. We loved every minute of it. Gonna stay for a month next year! Anyone do the dune at Winchester that is about a mile back down the access road from the day use area. You can see it go up thru the trees from the road.

Being 15hrs away its tough to do a weekend thing, read IMPOSSIBLE!! We usually hit Dumont in the winter and Pismo year round. Glamis is on the list this winter too.

Thanks for listening.......
    KEEP THE DUNES OPEN!! AMERICAN SAND ASSOCIATION Member,FRIENDS of OCEANO DUNES member, Father,Husband and PROUD to be AMERICAN.

yep i can make that, as well as some guys that just have the e-series slip on and rejetted. i havent seen a stock raptor make it though, i think its the gearing in the da** things. Its called iron man or bald spot trail, one of the two, did you make it?
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast