Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the original "clean" that bad boy up

the original "clean" that bad boy up

I had to revive my original post form way back in May. This should take place before you "shine that sob up - part 2"
    see attached image of "ridden hard put away clean" 5 month old '01 400ex as testimonial to the results:

here's little known way to clean your bike:
    get a spray bottle, fill it about 1/4 way up with wisk (must be WISK liquid laundry detergent, not tide, not era...)fill the rest of the way with water.
    spray on entire bike (you will probable have to fill the bottle 3 times)you must thoroughly saturate the dirt. then spray off with hose. now dry bike, lube chain and put away.
    don't know what it is about the wisk, but it cleans without scrubing or anything, just like in your washing machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1. Honda 2001 400EX - Yellow
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,
    Renthal bars (atv race bend - silver/carbon), Renthal soft 1/2 waffle grips.

2. Honda 02 Odyssey EX-L, somekinda grayish green - wife
    3. Honda 2k Civic EX, red - me

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 300EX (remains in the family)
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

Hey what if your engine is very dirty it is like the dirt is burned on there i have tried every think to get it off but nothin works ive tried simnple green mean green engine degreaser bleach everything but not this wisk will it clean my engine if not what will never tried this wisk but i have used mop and glo on the frame and WOW never seen anything work so good
    Wiseco 11:1 bored .080 Piston, TC rev box, FMF Performax full Exhuast System, K&N air filter, Outerwears Prefilter, Custom air box lid, 400ex carb, DG jets, Removed choke Plate, Cometic Gaskets, Custom oil cooler, Sidewinder gearing 14-37,
    LoneStar Billet Bearing Carrier, RK racing chain, Pure Sport Realtor on douglas .190, Titan Fast Trekker front tires, Shockwears shock covers, Ceet Graphics kit, Dg grab bar

try wd40 for that baked on dirt. the problem is that you may have discolored the engine with all the other chemicals you have tried.
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

no it diddnt discolor it just diddnt do anything
    Wiseco 11:1 bored .080 Piston, TC rev box, FMF Performax full Exhuast System, K&N air filter, Outerwears Prefilter, Custom air box lid, 400ex carb, DG jets, Removed choke Plate, Cometic Gaskets, Custom oil cooler, Sidewinder gearing 14-37,
    LoneStar Billet Bearing Carrier, RK racing chain, Pure Sport Realtor on douglas .190, Titan Fast Trekker front tires, Shockwears shock covers, Ceet Graphics kit, Dg grab bar

Will the 'Wisk' solution work on kids too?

Does this Wisk soulution work on everything like your swingarm and a arms or is it just for plastics?
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

Yes, wisk does the ENTIRE bike. The only time i have needed more power is to remove excess chain lube from the sprockets / swingarm and guides. for that i used WD40 on a small cloth.
    The good thing about wisk is that it will not harm the paint, alloys and metals of your machine or eat up the bushings and seals.
    I have been cleaning all my bikes with it since i began to ride them in '92.

peace

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

Wisk

Will wisk work in the power washer? Sounds like a good idea if I don't have to use a spray bottle.
    01 300ex(mine)
    00 400ex(his)
    Brake lights that work!
    Panoram tach that is awesome.
    AC Nerfs
    And lots of EXriders stickers!
    http://photos.yahoo.com/lilred300ex

Good question about the power washer. I do not know how a power washer works, but i can tell you that the wisk must sit on the bike for several minutes before hosing off.
    I hope that helps!

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

Someone recommended using Pledge furniture polish to shine it up after washing and it seems to work pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    400EX

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast