Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2006 ATVA MX Nationals Round #5 – Budds Creek - Discussion & Cheer

Excellent reply Cindi!

1998~~Danville TT..I protested Susan Parkers motor. All the peanut gallery was in an uproar. EXCEPT the Parkers and I. I went up to them and explained that I was protesting and that if I loose I hope we could all be friends. We all shook hands.
    Durring the measuring, it was obvious that it was legal. A big wig said "someones going to be embarrassed". I said "well it isn't going to be me! The ones embarrased will be the big name motor builders that just got beat by a nobody motor".
    Kevin at Lost Creek Cycles joked with me after that. "Thanks Jack, I bought new lawn chairs with your money". LMAO
    I had heard rumors of the motor being illegal. Instead of crying about it and talking behind ppls back, I put the money up for a protest.
    Protests are good..Period!
    If only polititians and promotors could be protested!!
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

protests are a waist of time and make the person look bad.. your basically telling the person "you cant be faster than me unless your cheating", by protesting them..he if your rich and want to waist money go ahead... but i think it takes to much time and it is a really inmature action
    not finished building the Shee .. need lots of odds and ends

03 Banshee
    Tag Bars
    Holeshots all round
    ct Porting.
    ohlins shocks
    Ct pipes
    oury grips
    maier white plastics

Originally posted by BiG James
    protests are a waist of time and make the person look bad.. your basically telling the person "you cant be faster than me unless your cheating", by protesting them..he if your rich and want to waist money go ahead... but i think it takes to much time and it is a really inmature action
    Everyone will have their own opinion on this issue, but I feel there is no need to belittle a person just because they decide to protest another rider. Protesting is part of racing, and it happens all the time, but when it is in the Pro Class, it makes the news.

It is a great way to keep everyone honest, which keeps a level playing field for all participants.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Originally posted by Admin
    Everyone will have their own opinion on this issue, but I feel there is no need to belittle a person just because they decide to protest another rider. Protesting is part of racing, and it happens all the time, but when it is in the Pro Class, it makes the news.

It is a great way to keep everyone honest, which keeps a level playing field for all participants.
    just think, if the cry babies last year had only had the nutz and money to protest YOUR stock Z400, we could have gone on and had a season without a boat load of rumors.....

ofcourse some like to have the turmoil and the BS instead of nutting up and making it an official protest. maybe they wanted to have people think things were not kosher instead of being proved they were wrong.

Foley, you race another stock class race and i will protest you just for the fun of it
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Harlen's right. Protesting dispells rumors and keeps the races honest. You should all feel lucky that checking to see if a fellow racer is in the hands of the racers, not in the hands of the officials.

Imagine how frustrating it would be if you highly suspected someone of cheating, but couldnt convince the officials to check the person's engine?
    PFC Atkins - U.S. Army Intelligence Corps
    DET 1, CENTCOM ARE

'03 Subaru WRX-silver, 3.5" Borla full exhaust, AEM cold air intake.

'05 Yamaha YFZ450-red/white, X-Factor nerfs, red Hipers/Klaws, Tag T2s

Originally posted by Pappy
    just think, if the cry babies last year had only had the nutz and money to protest YOUR stock Z400, we could have gone on and had a season without a boat load of rumors.....

ofcourse some like to have the turmoil and the BS instead of nutting up and making it an official protest. maybe they wanted to have people think things were not kosher instead of being proved they were wrong.

Foley, you race another stock class race and i will protest you just for the fun of it
    Good Point, I actually wish people did check my Z400 last year because even the jetting was stock, and they could have also looked for my secret GPS for track shortcuts guidance that I was constantly being accused of without any proof from videos or photos.

I guess they just couldn't believe a Stock Z400 could go that fast through the woods especially with a heavyweight photographer behind the bars.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Originally posted by Pappy
    Foley, you race another stock class race and i will protest you just for the fun of it [/B]
    Now that is FUNNY!!
    ~mike
    --------------------------------------------------
    2005 - ATK VR
    Rated X A-Arms, TCS Shocks, Moto-axle, Tag X5, AC Pro-Peg Nerfs, Black Widow Exhaust, Short Air Horn
    AASCO Pro 90 - AC Racing Nerfs, Bumper, and Grab Bar
    Kymco Mongoose 50 - DTZ Exhaust
    Kazuma Meerkat 50

Big James, I really do respect your opinion but tell me something please.
    If your racing someone and it's obvious that they had something illegal on their machine you would not protest? Just let a lousy cheater get away with it PLUS let him come back and do it again at the next race?
    Personnaly I think your much smarter than that.
    Some locals have "run what ya brung" rules.
    We are talking about the premere racing series of the world here, not the local scene.
    I do agree that SOME protests are not called for IE:Last year a 50cc class parent. 8 separate protests on one machine. At $50 for 7 of them and $150 for the fuel protest, it was a rediculous amount. Especially after all was found legal. BUT,,,,,,
    The protester went home satisfied and the protestee went home with a thick wallet. Neither complained.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213