Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery relocation...DONE

Battery relocation...DONE

Here it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cleans up nice... Ckeck out the 250r nerfs after making up some mounts.

Where is the battery.. You cant see it in the first pic.. I am intersted in knowing how and what you did..
    08 LTR450
    You lick'em and Ill stick'em
    NO WIMPS!!

SWEET! How about some more pics and info on how you re-located it.

Thanks!
    Saint Pauls, NC

ATVgraphics.org

Is that the stock battery or a smaller one? Did you make the box yourself?

I made a stainless steel box lined with foam,used a stock yfz450 battery,and mounted in between the frame rails. I ran the wiring harness up and towards the front and mounted the solenoid and the fuse block in the front by the steering stem. I made new cables to run to the engine block and to the solenoid. I fabed up some box mounts to be attached to the lower rear a arm mounts.
    I have ran a similar set up on my 04 yfz for the last 2 years and have had no problems mounting in that location. The batteries seem to last longer (2 years and counting) and did not have problems with the batery falling out like i did when it was in the stock location. A big plus is getting the solenoid and the fuse block in behind the plastic where it is out of the elements.

Here's a left side view

looks like a lot better location. i hope the mounting works out. suzuki should have come up with something like that from the beginning.

I still cant see what you did.. Do you have any pics fron the front.. You need to make up a kit and sell them..LOL..
    08 LTR450
    You lick'em and Ill stick'em
    NO WIMPS!!

wow that looks awesome. can you notice any more weight up front when you ride?? if you can post some pics up close maybe with the plastics off? great job!
    2k3 Z450, gtthunder stroker 450, 40mm fcr, hotcams, port & polished, ti FMF full exhaust, dyna ignition, gussetted frame, hardcore hubs, lonestar stem, janssen arms & swinger, elka's all around and linkage, mxr4's and itp beadlocks, fullbore plastic, ......only thing stock are the brake calipers

2k6 ltr450 -ac bumper and propegs, cherry bomb, full yoshi

Look at where the rear of the bottom a-arm bolts up. You can see how he created a mounting bracket that bolts there and is part of a metal box that holds the battery. You can also see the metal hold down strap with a bolt through it.
    Saint Pauls, NC

ATVgraphics.org

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast