Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop grips from moving

Stop grips from moving

1)Get some pvc glue or a good all purpose cement. ( If it does not have a swab for spreading the glue a q tip will work) 2)Spread it all along the inside of the grips.3) Slide the gip on the bars let is sit over night. 4) Wrap safety wire around both ends of the grips and the middle. Use vice grips to twist it tight or a safety wire tool. 5) Cut about 3/4 of the twisted part off. 6) Bend the rest of the twisted part up in to the grip use a hammer to counter sink it so that you dont not catch your glove on it.
    400ex with mods

I also found that a little bit of gas works really good too. I put a little bit of gas on my grips on my Lakota, and I wanted to switch the new bars I got for it to my YFZ but I couldn't because there was no way I was getting those grips off.

Spray paint also works good. And rc car tire glue. Ahhh....the useless facts I know
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

ive heard to wrap your handle bar with scotch tape, and pour rubbing alcohol on it then put your grips on....and the rubbing alcohol will erode the tape or somethin, and just leave the glue from the tape, and it will hold your grips
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

3M Weather Strip Adhesive works the best I've tried a lot of different methods and I guarentee your grips wont move

One thing you all need to keep in mind when grips are concerned, they are all NOT created equally. Using a glue that is not compatable with the grip material can lead to big problems. How big? Lets just say that yours truly had smoke rising off his grips Thats right, they melted.

Hair spray works great, as does 3M on most grips. If someone doesnt post a thread with good details in the next few days, i will.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

i take some carpet tape (sticky on both sides) and wrap it around the bar in 3 places where the grip will go, put some sort of solvent (gas might work, or possibly a little water, alchohal) and slide it on. i have to cut them off when i need new grips.
    Mike Hurd
    Revulsion Industries

))FQX((

I have had great luck with hair spray.
    00 400EX
    96 CR250
    01 Trailboss 325

I've always took some clear coat spra paint and coat the bars and the grips and they stick on there like nothing I ever used before

Using good safety wire and a safety wire tool does the trick for me.

Yeah, I use grip glue, or hairspray. But both of those without safety wire still spun on me. Add safety wire, and you'll NEVER have a problem(at least I never have, and for some reason, I always twist the ***** out of my left grip while racing)
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast