Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jetting a 400ex

ya man the motor was running fine i never did check the plug but wat i was confused about was that ne thing bigger than the 148 it was like studdering rly bad uk so idk man nd i will have to buy a new plug for it to check
    Blacklabelsociety117

fire it up!!!!

1. 05 honda 400ex
    2. white bros slip on
    3. pro armor nerf bars
    4. k&n air filter and a outer wear cover
    more to come.....

What's the best place to find a shim washer for these newer 400ex's? My needle is not adjustable.

I'm running a uni filter with a slipon and all i have right now is just a 152 main and stock pilot.

Starting it is ****ty so i'm going to put a 40 or 42 pilot in, what do u guys think?

Also, i'm gonna try a 155 main, i think it's lean since i've done the air filter mod. It was jetted pretty good with just the slipon before i put the uni in, but now i need more.
    2007 400ex

it's amazing how so many people on this forum just read the posts and don't reply.

considering that many people have shimmed their needles i'm wondering why i haven't got a reply as to what size washers they need?

blacklabel it sounds like all you need to do is back your pilot screw out about a half turn.

I had to learn the hard way because i wasn't informed! Basically if you up on the main or the pilot jet you're gonna have to back out the a/f screw.

Not many people mention this because the a/f screw is for fine tuning. Well, i got mine jetted with a slip-on and air filter and i've got the 40 pilot and the 152 main, and it was stumbling when i would hold the throttle on steady idle at a lower rpm.

All i needed to do was back out the pilot screw about a half turn. Runs perfect right now.

Basically if you go up on the main or pilot jets you're gonna have to turn your a/f screw out! it goes right along with changing the jets.
    2007 400ex

Just put on a full white bros. e series and ended up with a 155 main and i went ahead and installed a 40 pilot to help with hard starting...this was my first time jetting and it wasnt really hard, just time consuming. My advice to the newbies: read ALL the write ups you can find! they were a huge help! i couldnt have been happier to see that cardboard colored electrode!
    2002 400ex
    -Tusk Bars
    -Primary Drive Sprockets
    -Exhaust Mod (full White Bros soon!)

Question 2004 400ex

I have a 2004 400ex and i am wanting to buy a hmf slip on exhaust with K&N air filter.What should my main and pilot jets be set to? Or if i get a slip on do i need to jet my carb?
    2001 trx400ex (Gone)

2005 trx450r- (Current)
    Motoworks sr4 slip on
    dg nerf bars
    a-arm guards
    tusk red radiator hoses
    lsr parking brake block off
    ngk iridium spark plug
    Flexx Bars
    Cycra Pro bends
    Rath xc Bumper
    Rath xc heelguards/pegs
    Rath grab bar
    Gt thunder sprocket guards
    Holeshot gncc tires
    More to come...

(I wish i had more money! haha.)

Re: 2004 400ex

Originally posted by trx400exrider14
    I have a 2004 400ex and i am wanting to buy a hmf slip on exhaust with K&N air filter.What should my main and pilot jets be set to? Or if i get a slip on do i need to jet my carb?
    Put a 42 pilot in it regardless

If you just put a slip on use a 165 or 170 main...start with 170 and if needed go to 165

Buy this:

http://hmfracing.com/shop/performanc...0ex-99-10-jets
    01 416ex
    03 kx250

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123