Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seat Cover How-To

Originally posted by 89honda 250x
    this is to Pappy

can i go to a vinyl shop and just buy a sheet of black vinyl and staple it on like a
    regular seatcover or will it not work?

because im running low on funds and dont want to spend $60.00 and the one i want
    talk to Kurt at spastic. He has all black ones for $38 and two tones for $48.
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

i actually pulled the cover off of our barbecue.. you know those leather covers with a fuzzy inside..
    i had a kawasaki bayou 300, they certainly have a different shaped seat than most. I had holes all through the old cover, but i just went over it with the barbecue cover. I cut out a big square of it, wrapped it around, and stapled the front all the way across(they have just as wide a front as the back, so like 9-10 staples. I then did one side evenly all the way to the back, then pulled the opposite side taut as possible and stapled that as well. finally with the back, i just pulled it taut and stapled her up.

it wasnt the best job in the world, took me about 20 minutes and about 50 staples, it was soft to the touch and after i rode for a day it wrinkled in the middle a little bit, keep in mind this is a barbecue cover. it kept moisture out quite well though.
    it was a really comfy seat.. too bad the next day i blew the motor out of it. lol. i rebuilt, then traded it for a mustang.

I had my seat cover installed for free. I brought it to a boat comp and they instaled it for free.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345