Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Levels?

Question Sound Levels?

Can anyone tell me the decibel levels of the aftermarket silencers along with what it is stock on the 400ex. I believe it told it in one of the 4 Wheel ATV Action magazines but I dont have that one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

compared to the stock silencer they start at really loud, and go up from there

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Question

I want the numbers not a description please?

#'s can be very misleading, noise in a controlled test, and noise when actually riding are two very different things...

I have the advertisement, er.. article that was in dirtwheels I'll see if I can dig it up later tonight :square

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

the stock exhaust pipe is at 88 decibals. and the white brothers s bend pipe is at 95 decibals ( wich is fairly low compared to other pipes). But even though the WB pipe is only 7 decibals louder, its alot louder. heres a way to give a good example. its the difference in sound between a car and a harley. even though 7 decibals it sounds 20 times louder to the human ear. there is no quiet aftermarket pipe.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

DELETED BY ME

MISTAKE
    My pro meg is 104 at like half throttle!!
    Last edited by EX_RIDER; 07-30-2001 at 06:16 PM.
    Today we ride the R, Tommorow we ride the 400ex

I have never seen a comprehensive list of pipes and thier respective decibel ratings, although a guy on ATV Connection was working on one quite a while ago. Don't know what ever happened to his list... At any rate, 88 db's sounds about right for a stock silencer, and I'd guess an internally modified stock unit would be about 90 db's. As a side note my new FMF Power Core IV2 "Q" silencer is pretty quiet...just a tad louder than my modded stock pipe at idle but more so when the rev's build up. My guess it's around thier advertised level of 92-92 db's.

and what did you measure your pipes sound levels with? not to start trouble but i find 104 at idle hard to beleive and 120 at half throttle is extremely hard to beleive.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I know the measurements are right!!I used a digital sound level meter.Measure 20 inchs from the end of the exhaust and at a 45 Degree.I also had a shop place do it after I did it and they got the 104 also.You also got to remimber i took out the blank disc and the exhaust comes straigh out and exxo's.I also am doing this on a hard dirt road and that may change it some!I will go out tommorow and do anotehr test to see what I get.

http://www.oohva.org/

go to that site and go to honda's.You will notice that the white brothers pro-meg exhuast is one of the loudest in there!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast