Thread: submerged YZ

Angry submerged YZ

I have a 90 yz250 that I happen to submerge last weekend @ Prarie City. When I got home I drained the oil, pulled the plug, and flipped the bike upside down and kicked the hell out of it to drain the water. Since then I have drained and replaced all the fluids, oil, plug, cleaned the carb, drained and replaced the gas, cleaned and reoiled the air filter and the bike will start and run perfect for about 60 seconds then for no reason the bike will idle at 1/4 throttle to 3/8 throttle. I took the air filter off to see if the slide was sticking but its not. Could it be thats there still moisture in the head and is getting sucked into the carb? Or could it be the reeds? Should I run the bike when its idle is high to try and burn out the moisture or should I really look into a tear down? Any input would be great!

Im not for sure on this problem you have but it sounds like it is just carb problems. You May want to pull the carb and clean it out good with i prefere b12 chemtool. Pull all the jets, mixture screws, diaphram, any thing u can get out.