Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking frames and Tranny updates

Breaking frames and Tranny updates

Guys anyone else here anything about an issue with the frames breaking /cracking near the shock linkage? I know on another site this has come up and rumor was that JJ's problem at Glen Helen was actually related to this and not a broken shock? I just want to know more about this if its a legitimate wide spread problem and is Suzuki gonna fix it?

Second wanted to hear how everyone was doing with there tranny noises ? Has Anyone found a full fledged problem or still just the noise ?

Thanks guys !!

jason
    NEATV-MX Media/Public Relations Rep.
    bike: LT450R I got it finally!!!!

I haven't heard anything on the transmission problems but I've had my LTR for about a month now without any problems at all, its been ridin alot and been on a track 4 times. On suzuki's website it said that Jones got hit pretty hard from behind by somebody else in moto 1 and that bent his swingarm. They didnt know it did anything until moto 2 when the linkage finally broke from all the pressure on it and they had it in a chassis jig after the race. As far as I know there hasnt been any problems with the actual frames breaking or cracking.
    2006 LT-R450
    Yoshimura RS-5 Slip On
    Jet-Hot Coated Stock Head Pipe
    CP 13.5-1 Piston
    Hotcams Stage 2
    Powercommander
    Uni Air Filter
    Magura Hydraulic Clutch
    GT Thunder Rebuilt Shocks
    ITP QuadCross MX PRO's on Hipers
    Houser +1 Stem
    CV4 Yellow Rad Hoses
    Tag Railer Skidplate
    Turner Fat Bars
    Pillowtop Grips
    DMP Graphics/Seat
    DFR Grip It Kit

MySpace- www.myspace.com/jstunkel

Cernics racing confirmed people are breaking them around the linkage tabs on the frame and that for heavy MX it needs to be reinforced. And I saw a picture of J's bike at GH and it broke the tabs on the frame, may have taken the shock with it. He's not the only one with frame problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nobody was taking pics of JJ's bike besided myself and maybe two others... Ryan quickly took the bike back to the shop and was pissed people were taking pics in the first place.
    JJ's coil spring fell off, so the shock shaft had to break.
    I highly doubt anyone was allowed to take pics of the breakage being that it was the "debut" of the new bike.
    ATV INSIDER MAGAZINE - Your #1 Source for ATV Racing coverage!
    Visit www.atv-insider.com to subscribe today!

www.myspace.com/gorilladesigns

somebody struck a nerve. and the soap goes on. you guys are taking this crap to serious. it aint worth having a heart attack over. getting mad over pictures?
    jb/pep-trx450r
    2007 sponsors
    Smith Optics,Regina,M2R,Twin Air,ASV Inventions,Tag Metals,Engine Ice,RB Components,Dp Brakes,Race Signs,SFB Racing,Powermadd, kenda

Yes, frames are breaking. Actually the shock probably broke AFTER the frame tabs broke as you can see them still attached to the linkage bolt.

another, no heart attack either LOL

can't these japaneze mother sucks weld their tabs any better than that. wtf's going on over there. lol
    jb/pep-trx450r
    2007 sponsors
    Smith Optics,Regina,M2R,Twin Air,ASV Inventions,Tag Metals,Engine Ice,RB Components,Dp Brakes,Race Signs,SFB Racing,Powermadd, kenda

I guess they have the Monday "hangover blues" just like us yankees. I wondered what the heck they were thinkin when they forgot to install my throttlebody clamps, maybe that worker left the assembly line and took a sh*t break.

oh well we'll have to put em in for a raise. extra rice for supper. that'll pep em up.
    jb/pep-trx450r
    2007 sponsors

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast