Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quadzilla or banshee?

Quadzilla or banshee?

Which one wins in a drag stock? considering same ridng ability and same tires?

ive thought about that to

i dont know the answer but its a good question
    They stole my baby!!
    6-11-06 Sunday Night!!
    Stupid Theifs

honda 04 400ex
    wb E series (no disks)
    18's holeshot MX
    Itp 8 inch rims
    ALBA pro elite nerf bars ( black)
    factory effex bars
    909 hand guards
    14t renthal sprocket

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    They Stole My baby!!

stock zilla modded out to the max a banshee
    nate butler i am 17 years of age
    Drag raptor w/ a ssr drag racing 690 motor, +8 swinger, 48mm lectron carb, full ti yoshi, fullbore,skat-track,billet,K&N, chrome, acura cold air intake

july 1993 300zx twin turbo : )

ford escape decked out
    ebay number 260001429671

My old Zilla with only a silencer could beat my buddies shee with toomey's 9 out of 10 times.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

I remember seeing a comparison of the 2 in a Dirtwheels edition (or one of those mags) years ago, and I recall that the Zilla would take the Shee after 3rd gear in a drag. This was stock vs. stock....modified, probably depends on the level of mods. Comparable mods, I'd bet that the Zilla would still edge out the Shee. The are both 2-stroke, and the Zilla has 150 cc more displacement. Now, if the Shee had more displacement and the Zilla remained stock displacement, then I'd put my money on the Shee - a twin can make more power than a single of the same displacement. Just my thoughts.......

yea the dirt wheels mag back in '89 i belive had a comparison and it said that the zilla was more for track, and that the banshee was more for trails and those types of situations.

I have several friends with quadzillas and banshees.Stock vs. stock and even piped vs. piped,the quadzilla will not have much problem beating the banshee.I'm a big fan of the banshee,but that's just how it is.
    The wife and I both have banshees.What else is there?

yah, the zilla is faster... but, i would take a banshee hands down every day over a zilla... for starters, the zilla is a suzuki and was bike that was not built very well... they are not the most dependable things.. also, man, they jsut feel weird... if you drive that thing its like a big old tank... the zilla is freakin ugly... also, another main reason i woud not by a zilla, is the feal... i love the two stroke for that hit of the powerband and reving that sucker out... the zilla is more of a "grunter" than "winder outer" (i know you're loving my educated writing here)... those big bores you have to short shift and not wind them out... like i said, hands down i would buy a banshee... there was a guy in my dune group several years back, that rode a zilla, and every big weekend like thanksgiving or whatever, he would bring a spare engine, as he would blow one and then throw another one in... he couldnt make it through a long weekend on one motor...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Here's my friend's quadzilla.
    The wife and I both have banshees.What else is there?

I know what you mean the zilla pulls super hard but its more of a smooth long pull rather than a normal power band hit. that seat is the worst. it kind of runs out onto the rear fenders (almost like its set up for a passenger.
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast