Okay,
All this info is available on our main site, www.CannondaleRiders.com , but i thought id post a quick little helper cause im bored and ahve nothing else to do.

If you are looking to/currently own a dale, these are the things you should do to it or buy with it already occupying these things.

1)Falicon or Timboose crank. Stock cranks are a waste of time, and dont last. If you end up usign a stock crank make SHURE it has a z400 crank bearing(bottom end needle bearing). This is essential because it has more needles then a dale bearing, and increases dale engine life a ton.
And the Falicon is just great in general, best thing you could do to your dale. This is because they are supperior then anyone else in crank design and perfection, and are eprfect in every way. I have a race dale with its THIRD season now with no crank rebuilding and little wear!!! It increases rev speed, the engine now has almsot no vibration, and is guaranteed to be able to be rebuilt for a long time by falicon for a fairly cheap fee. That and you make your dale a 469

2)Make shure it has all the upodates done, if not...at LEAST the important ones. These include
*engine mount update
*Stage 8 crank/tran plate bolt update(they backout sometimes stock)
*Oil breather update
*z400 crank bearing update
And i bilieve those are the most important ones

3)COMMIT and perform the extra maintenence. If you have a z400 bearing'd crank/falicon, and have all the updates, and change your oil/clean tranny filter regularly, i GUARANTEE your engine will last as long if not longer then a Jap quads engine. This means changing your oil every big/long ride, or every two weekends or three of play riding.

4)NEVER EVER throw a dale together..EVER!!!!!. If you do your engine is already doomed. You gotta be patient and take the time and money to COMPLETELY update and build your engine RIGHT and the best it can be, and then it will be the most reliable/powerful/fun quad youve ever owned!!!! If you chince or rush a dale rebuild i can almost guarantee you its gonna break down.

5)Trust only TRUSTED dale builders. Dont have your local shop fix your dale, or a friend, or a unknown dale builder. If you go to Cannondaleriders.com and post a topic about engine builders you'll get all the reliable and trusted guys responding to you. This is a thing alot of people mess up on by getting the right parts but the wrong people assembling it.

6)Before ever doing anything post your probloem and plan of attack on Cannondaleriders.com so you can obtain the experts help and all of our guidence which we've all been there and done that. That site will save your butt soo much you wouldnt begin to bilieve it. I can GUARANTEE you that if you talk to daleriders.com people you'll get the solutiuon to your problem and plenty of offers for help.

7)Do some research before buying a dale. Theres a few flaws in certain models and eyars of production. For example one production eyar there was a alrge batch of chincy crappy cases used, that crack. You wanna make shure that the word Cannondale is cast right under the countershaft sprocket on teh engine case. If you have questions about this, ask a knowledgeable dale person.

8)I hate to say it but dont go to ATK for your dale parts needs and service. ALWAYS come to www.CannondaleRiders.com first to get help and parts and service....etc.

9) and the last main thing is be patient, and dont buy a dale if you arnt built to own one. They take TIME, COMMITMENT, PATIENCE, and sometimes alot of wrenching. But once built right and assembled they will make it worth that blood and swet you put into them.

I skipped buying a new suzuki 450 and yfz450/trx450 to keep/buy another dale!!...They are just supperior in engine performance for the amount of reliability they have. ONCE BUILT RIGHT. Of course you hear failures, mostly when someone does soemthign wrong or goes chincy on the dale when fixing it. I dont care who you are or what you ride, i own/ride all three major and dales have proven the best purchase ive made. They last a heck of alot longer then any jap quad with more power then them!!! Of course you can get mroe power out of your jap quads, but then your reliability will go down the toilet.

Hope this helps noobies out, and anyone else add anything if they please. AND I DONT WANT ANY ANNOYING 450r/yfz OWNERS BASHING OR ARGUING IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! No one put down Jap quads in a disrespectful way and no Jap owners put down dales in disrespectful ways.
CHAD