Thread: Needle Jet?

Needle Jet?

Im rejetting my quad for the first time and seem to have the main jet stuff down, but the dyno doesnt give you good instructions on the needle jet. So far it says to remove the top of you carb, is this necesery(sp)? It also tells you to remove the slide??? Im gonna ask my buddy to rejet it for me so any help would be apprieciated.
    2001 raptor black & white modded for sale

(sold) 2002 yellow 250ex
    Pro circut t-4 slip on,
    k&n air filter, dyno jet kit
    dunlop kt577a 20-10-9

Re: Needle Jet?

Originally posted by True rider
    Im rejetting my quad for the first time and seem to have the main jet stuff down, but the dyno doesnt give you good instructions on the needle jet. So far it says to remove the top of you carb, is this necesery(sp)? It also tells you to remove the slide??? Im gonna ask my buddy to rejet it for me so any help would be apprieciated.

its really quite easy, at first i didn't understand those direction eather. there is a copper colored plate on top of your carb just take out the three screws holding it in. then once the plate is off there will be two small screws at the bottem of the little hole in the carb. then just take them out and under that is the needle jet pull it out and replace it with the dyno needle jet with the E-clip at the required spot for your altitude. its really not hard to do at all. be sure to take your time and make sure nothing fall into the carb.
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

?

When i did mine i took off the arm from the slide and pulled the whole slide out then took the needle out. Can you do this and leave the slide in?

Re: ?

Originally posted by brian400ex
    When i did mine i took off the arm from the slide and pulled the whole slide out then took the needle out. Can you do this and leave the slide in?

i think i did leave it in because i don't remember taking it out. i think if you hit the throttle up to full it pulls the arm out once you take out the two screws. then you just flip the arm back. i don't really remember how i did it.
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

Heres a link to everything you need to know

Click me...oh oh click me
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Sorry if this already posted. I tried once and didn't see it, so here I go again.

True Rider - is this for your 250EX. If so, you have a completely different carburator than the 400 EX discussed in the previous responses. The good news is that yours is much more simple.

Look at the top of your carburator where the throttle cable enters the carb. The cable runs through a seal (boot) and then through a cap. The cap is the same color as the carb and has several ribs on the side to help you grip it. With either your fingers or a set of pliers, unscrew the cap. Once unscrewed, you simply pull out the whole needle jet/slide assembly.

what series is the pilot jet in a 400ex an can u but the neddle jet seperate like u can the main an needle jets???
    2000 400ex,white bros.e series slip on,k&n filter,jetted,air box mods,e brake block off,billet heat shield,14 tooth front sprocket,dg front bumper,ac pro peg nerf bars,renthal bars,fmf 909 grips

Thanks SR71 that helps alot
    2001 raptor black & white modded for sale

(sold) 2002 yellow 250ex
    Pro circut t-4 slip on,
    k&n air filter, dyno jet kit
    dunlop kt577a 20-10-9