Thread: EMS Question

Question EMS Question

Im new to this EMS thing and I just have one question. When I get my full yoshi system and a filter kit will I have to get the FIMAK, PIM, and the CRBM. If someone could explain this to me and how each one works I would really be thankful.

you do not need to get the PIM or FIMAK for an exhaust, but if you do a K&N intake youll need the PIM. It will be too lean with an intake and exhaust. I run a yoshimura exhaust with only the cherry bomb and it runs great. I will wait for the PIM to come out before i switch out the intake. The PIM isnt nessesary but its just another step for performance.

PIM: its a new efi controller that changes the map even further than what the Cherry bomb (CRBM) does. Its also reprogrammable, thats where the FIMAK comes in.

FIMAK: a handheld unit that can be plugged into the PIM to adjust air/fuel mapping directly.

Yoshimura doesnt have the PIM or FIMAK yet, thier estimated at 6 weeks from now. THe PIM is $249 and so is the FIMAK, the combo is $512 total.
    2006 Lt-r450
    Yoshimura products