Thread: width

width

what is the widest i should go on a 400 in the woods. i would think +3 would be too much, but what anout 2 or 1?

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283

+1 is probably as wide as you want to go. i'm +2 on each side and i really don't like riding through the woods. of course, you could go +2 on the a-arms and get a set of offset wheels that are offset to the inside to shorten up, and use an adjustable axle to change out for going in the woods.
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

+1 a-arms is all you'll wanna go up front,,here's a pic of houser +1 arms...
    Attached Images Attached Images