Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Civic Intake on the Preddy!

whats the smaller filter for? might be a dumb q

EXevan91, yeah you could probably fit it on an ex! just cut the tube so the filter will fit in your box, and then buy a hoseclamp to attach the boot end of the tube onto your carb. like i said, i paid $30 for the intake and $10 for other micelaneous parts! see how it works for you!

trx275r, the filter fit in my box, so that is what i am running. its really not that small though, i think it is about the size of a 450r's filter. if i cut my airbox up (or just took it off) i could fit a massive filter if i wanted. the problem is, then i would have no splash protection! this guy on the predatorowners.com site took a Tidy Cats liter box and used that so he could fit an enlarged filter on!
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

Hey, if you run across another one of these(or the parts to make one)....let me know, I want one.<----cheaply that is
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

Originally posted by trx275r
    whats the smaller filter for? might be a dumb q

he ment there are 2 filters in the pics whats the small one for

you can get the cold air system off of ebay pretty cheap.
    1995 TB 250 MXracer Sport class champion 2003,2003 Predator500 nerfs cdi box streering stabilizer,K&N, 2004 Vet class champion,1998 Scrambler 400 4X4 , 2005 Sportsman 700 efi.

The smaller filter is a crankcase filter.....no performance added, just reassurance.
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

Originally posted by wolffie
    . its really not that small though, i think it is about the size of a 450r's filter.

The 400ex and the 450R use the same air filters
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

^^something like that. i dont own a 400ex so idont know! but yeah, the filter is about a regular ATV size. i might make it bigger in the future.

yeah the small filter is the crank case breather. before there was a hose that connect to a splice with a piece of oiled foam in front of it. since i had to custom up the box, i had to scrap away the old setup and just use a clamp on crank case filter. as mentioned before, no performance added. i am probably going to relocate to the fron though, because if i go up on 12 i think it might leak a bit!
    ~2008 YFZ~

www.wnyoa.net

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

i am doing that same thing to my raptor it has a single lectron 48mm carb
    nate butler i am 17 years of age
    Drag raptor w/ a ssr drag racing 690 motor, +8 swinger, 48mm lectron carb, full ti yoshi, fullbore,skat-track,billet,K&N, chrome, acura cold air intake

july 1993 300zx twin turbo : )

ford escape decked out
    ebay number 260001429671

Cool! post up pics as soon as you did it! if you need any help on jetting, i could probably give you a hand as well! PM me if you have any questions!
    ~2008 YFZ~

www.wnyoa.net

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast