Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing getup...

Racing getup...

I was wondering what all I should get to be competitive with my 300EX in racing, right now I have this stuff on my list:

DG Krome Lite Nerfs
    Renthal Handle Bars (Since mine are bent)
    14tooth Renthal sprocket(Figure go up one)
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    WhiteBrothers E series complete system
    Works Steelers Front Shocks(would I need rear too, or could I live w/o for awhile)
    K&N Power Kit (for the jets and filter)
    Parking Brake Block off
    Number plates.

I figure that would be good to start off seeing that its about 1,500$ for all that stuff. Any other suggestions.

Thanks
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

racing

What kind of racing will you be doing? But anyway you have a good amount of mods to start racing but not enough (if you want to win) First of all definetly dont go up one more tooth on the sprocket it is already 1 tooth larger that stock. I dont even think they make a 15 tooth. You should get a wider axle (Durablue or lonestar) get +2+1 a-arms, (laeger, brugard, etc...). Than you gotta start going into the engine. Get a cam (I like my white bros cam). get a stock bore je 10.8:1 piston, or you could bore it to a 330 and that is supposed to beat 400exs. Also get a pro design kill switch. Hope this helped.

Re: racing

Originally posted by redrider300ex
    What kind of racing will you be doing? But anyway you have a good amount of mods to start racing but not enough (if you want to win) First of all definetly dont go up one more tooth on the sprocket it is already 1 tooth larger that stock. I dont even think they make a 15 tooth. You should get a wider axle (Durablue or lonestar) get +2+1 a-arms, (laeger, brugard, etc...). Than you gotta start going into the engine. Get a cam (I like my white bros cam). get a stock bore je 10.8:1 piston, or you could bore it to a 330 and that is supposed to beat 400exs. Also get a pro design kill switch. Hope this helped.
    Yeah I mean go up one to a 14 tooth.. yeah thanks so far. Just wonderin how much it costs avg. for people to start racing.
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

ive got a 400ex im setting it up for mx, i have 8000 invested so far,that includes the price of the 400......i thing i still have another 2500 to go....id say you would want this,you dont need anything really, but this makes it more fun..\

wider aarms
    wider axle
    tires
    beadlock rims
    renthals
    nerfs
    bumper
    kill switch
    number plates
    numbers
    anywhere from a pipe to a full blown 4,000 dolla engine....id recomend a pipe cam bigbore airfilter...around 1000
    front shocks def.
    maybe rear shock ,,not necissary
    a bunch of little things that are cheap to make it look cool

i am so tierd of hearing ppl on this board say you need all this money into your quad or you can't winn at all...i ate up all the modded 400s in arena cross and i have very cheap mods..untill u can use the quad to it full potential on the mx track mods will not help you...the only things you need to race are ama card,district card,numbers,gear,health insurance and two large balls....all the mods in the real won't make you fast if you can't use them right due to not having experiance

True:

But I think for a 300 I would need to mod it highly, since the machine holds me back. I need the shocks, cuz mine always bottom out making me slower. I need the power to cuz I can go faster in places where Im not. And I need the torque to get going. So I believe shocks and pipes and the minor mods are needed but I agree with you too cuz people say you need a 500 big bore just to keep up.

peace

you can beat a modded 250r wit a stock blaster....you dont need two balls either....there are some women who race too yaknow

You dont need to get all those mods. If you are planing to race mx adding alittle width and shocks would help. Although most of the stuff isnt needed. I race xc with my 400ex and the rider is the most important thing. I race in the open b class and the other weekend i spun out and got passed buy a guy on a 250ex ex and actually had alittle trouble getting around him in the tight woods. Also there was a open A class rider on a stock 400. Practice and keep yourself and your machine in shape and you will do fine.

what the best way to race

?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast