Thread: Lets hit the streetz!

Lets hit the streetz!

Ok.... I live in NY and last year I crashed my GSXR-600. The engine is in good shape and I was thinkin about a project to make a street legal quad. I have already put in an e-mail to the DMV but that will probably take about four months to get a response from them so I was wondering if anyone had any info on the subject. Also... if anyone had ideas about what frame could fit that engine that would be awesome too. I was thinking an LT500 frame would probably be big enough. Well thanks.
    Oh.... and if anyone lives in the area you should try to get down to englishtown NJ on Aug. 24 for the wheelie champs!! I just went last week and managed to pull 5th place in the quad freestyle!!!! Well thanks again
    Rick

A DS650 frame would probably be big enough. That would look awesome with a street bike motor in it.
    "Hit it again"

Where in NY do you live? I live in westbrookville, wich is between Middletown and Port jervis and Monticello.

I dont think you will be allowed to make a street legal quad here in NY. NY hates quads, period. Unless is only has 3 wheels and can be called a Motorcycle, I dont see it happening.
    kc

there is a company that sold street legal kits for quads in oregon. email atv-action to get the companies name.
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

What's the deal with Ohio, anybody know? I'd be curious about what Ohio DMV thinks about street legal quad concept.
    2001 Red 400ex, HMF Polished Slip-on w. spark arrestor, Sparks advance key, motion pro twist with Renthal soft diamond grips, Tag T2 bars on billet clamps, K&N Power Kit. Douglas .190 offset rims, Holeshot 21"fronts and 20x10x10 XCR Rears. EBC Severe Duty pads.

2003 CBR 600RR #159, Red/Black, Micron carbon fiber exhaust, C.Werkes Fender Eliminator.

1995 Ford F150 "Sapphire Blue" 4x4 Off-Road, 393 EFI Stroker, 2000 stall convertor-TransGo shift kit, 4.10 Auburn Pro diffs.- front and rear, 31" mud rovers for now-and yeah-it'll pull the house down- and burning gas!

Previous Machines:

1981 Suzuki DS80...cause everyone has to start somewhere!

1989 Honda CR125-Motor By Honda of Troy

1991 Suzuki DR250S-Supertrapp Pipe-best trail bike I had.

1991 Suzuki RMX250-FMF Fatty, It had some nuts.

Rick, the LT500 frame should work. I have a friend who stuffed a GSXR-1100 motor in one for drag racing. He's also running NOS on it. What a beast !
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

a banshee frame will work too. you can find a lot of them too. avoid the street legal kit if you can. they are lame lookin. its basically a stock front end but a swingarm in the back that uses one street bike tire so basically you have a reversed trike (2 wheels in front one in back).
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

i didn't mean get the kit. but if you could get ahold of them they could tell you what to do to get your machine registered for street use.
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE