Thread: ITP MXR4 question

ITP MXR4 question

I am looking to get a set of 18x10 mxr4's, my question is, is there any advantage to change over to an 8" wheel? or should I just get a set for my already good and polished 9" red lables? if you know please give me pro's and cons of each.. I know I will have slightly less sidewall on the 9" wheel so i dont know if that is good or bad.. I will mostly just be riding at the mx track at Rausch creek but may enter a few races this year also.. Thanks..
    2000 400ex, full mx porting, Burgard LT A-arms, Elka LT quad rates, elka rear conversion, bla bla, bla.. soon to come graphics kit and new front bumper..

Less sidewall produces less tire rollover(good thing), but makes your rims more prone to getting dings and dents. I always run 8x8's for mx, I had a set of 9's and they got beat up after my first race, but they had claws on them set to 8psi if that makes any difference.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

anyone here running the 18x10x9's? how do you like them? wish you went with the 8"'s?
    2000 400ex, full mx porting, Burgard LT A-arms, Elka LT quad rates, elka rear conversion, bla bla, bla.. soon to come graphics kit and new front bumper..