Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought A Polaris Outlaw!!!!!

Haha just drove mine first thing this morning when I got it! All I have to say is WOW. The way it eats up ruts and the power it has stock is insane! I was flying down my road in fifth gear floored out and the wind almost blew my helmet off! Way better than what I thought it was going to be! For the wear-in my dealer said to take it easy with the first half tank, which I did with a whole tank, and then I could floor it as much as I like. Does that sound right? They also said to use Premium gas and that it wouldn't damage my quad.
    2006 Polaris Outlaw
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    Outerwears Airbox Lid

Sounds great! the machine will be fine running on high octane,that is what they like. I would just take it easy the first couple of short rides,to just let everything loosen up a bit. Remember to let it warm up,and change the oil after 2nd tank of fuel. Lots of new clutch fibers floating around in oil is nasty on the filter.
    Special Thanks To:
    KTM North America, Brian Healea of KTM, Sport Cycles Racing, FMF, Motorex, Houser Racing, Rath Racing, Thor, Spy Goggles

Originally posted by CHADHIX
    Sounds great! the machine will be fine running on high octane,that is what they like. I would just take it easy the first couple of short rides,to just let everything loosen up a bit. Remember to let it warm up,and change the oil after 2nd tank of fuel. Lots of new clutch fibers floating around in oil is nasty on the filter.
    I'm taking it easy most of the time, but I do go wide open SOMETIMES, only because I want it to be fuly worn-in when I change the oil tomorrow. Can't wait to race my friend on his new '05 YFZ450 tomorrow on an open shale straightaway!
    2006 Polaris Outlaw
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    Outerwears Airbox Lid

I have had my Outlaw now for two weeks and am in love with it!!! My first race is 4/2/06! Hopefully I will have the beadlocks for the rear by then. HMF still doesn't have the pipe ready yet.

wow, everyone really seems to like thiers! i'm torn on what to do, i can get a 06 TLD for less than 6000 out the door, but we never realy talked about an outlaw. i would REALLY like to ride one before i bought it, they are heavy, which wouldnt bother me if i weighed a little more than 135 lbs, lol. anyone with an outlaw race xc at haspin that might be intersted in letting me take a test drive?
    Planning a comeback...

Originally posted by lvlenace
    I'm taking it easy most of the time, but I do go wide open SOMETIMES, only because I want it to be fuly worn-in when I change the oil tomorrow. Can't wait to race my friend on his new '05 YFZ450 tomorrow on an open shale straightaway!
    Ivlenace, dont be discouraged if your friend with the yfz still beats you! my buddy's 450r will eat my pred by about 1-3 lenghts on an 800ft drag

now around an xc track, that will be a different story. that will come down to who is the better rider (yfz has the power + lightweight, the outlaw has the control with the IRS setup)
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

Originally posted by CHADHIX
    I just got my polaris performance front bumper today at work. It looks sick!! It looks like the pp logo from the race division. My pipe should be in about a week from now. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.
    Is that bumper for the Outlaw? If so what part number and is there any other things for it?

Yes it is made just for the outlaw. Part #2875837. It retails for a little over $100.00. I was very suprised when it come in on tuesday,I figured it would take a while for our outlaw parts to start coming into our store. These machines are selling fast!! I only have one left in stock,fresh out of its crate today.
    Special Thanks To:
    KTM North America, Brian Healea of KTM, Sport Cycles Racing, FMF, Motorex, Houser Racing, Rath Racing, Thor, Spy Goggles

Chad
    You own a dealer, how much you charge to rebuild shocks. thanks

Ryan
    Blk & Red 03 Pred 500
    NC drag pipe
    Razr II on ITP C-serise
    Rath SS headers
    Civic intake/ outerwear
    W.Brothers CDI
    pro grips
    Modded airbox

I'm not discouraged, by the looks of it in the snow today I could beat my friend on his yfz easily. He's a little heavy (built, not fat) so it makes the weight not-so-important, me being only 120 pounds, him like 160-180ish. He told me that he thinks I'd start off a lot faster and he'd catch up cause my top speed is around 70. Thats gonna change as soon as he gets a pipe for it...

Today we were driving down a slushy, crappy road in the bottom of fifth. I had my throttle in enough to keep from slowing down, then he started to pull up on my left (he said later he was at quarter throttle). We looked at each other and just floored it. It seemed like I slowed down at first while he pulled away because of the slushy road, but as soon as I started to speed up I flew right past him. When I did he started sliding around and slowed down. I swear it'd be something like in a movie but it's funny as hell to think about afterwards.
    2006 Polaris Outlaw
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N Air Filter
    Outerwears Airbox Lid

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast