Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400ex to ltr-450 is it worth it?

400ex to ltr-450 is it worth it?

I have a decently hooked up 400ex with everything in my signature done to it plus a little other stuff. I was wondering is it worth the money to sell my ex and upgrade to the ltr450? $7 G's is a lot of money to spend. I will spend it if its worth it. but i dont wanna spend a ton hooking it up just a CB, remove the exhaust restriction some nerfs and a front bumper. What do you guys think?? thanks
    Mach 5 Racing
    06 Polaris sportsmand 800efi

FOR SALE!!'03 400ex raced out FOR SALE!!

Motor wise take off the lid/exhaust baffle, add $40 Cherry bomb and for tight trail riding you will have all the power you need.

so its worth it? i love the ex but fuel injection and all the other trick mods on the ltr are so awesome i feel i need one now
    Mach 5 Racing

I love mine!! Knock on wood...Knock knock knock!! I have had NO troubl3es with mine.. The power is REALLY good and SUPER smooth.. I am just breaking it in and have NOT done the upgrades to it yet.. But so far I like it.. And I have just come off a 01 400ex..
    08 LTR450
    You lick'em and Ill stick'em
    NO WIMPS!!

Let me think..... Um YES. Its like a comparing a taurus and a corvette. Do it and you won't regret it.

Thats it, my 400ex is for sale and i am heading down to the suzuki dealer this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mach 5 Racing

mach5,

I am a honda owner.. I have owned just about every sport honda made.. I was going to buy a 450R.. And it took alot of research and thinking.. And I bought the LTR.. I like it as well as any honda I have owned.. I dont like buying a first year model.. But I bought the extended warrenty to hopfully cover any bugs.. But so far I am very impressed with the LTR.. I did have a couple loose ends I have to torqe but I do that on any new quad..

I hope you think about it and buy what you think is right for your style of riding..

The LTR isnt right for everyone..
    08 LTR450
    NO WIMPS!!

Originally posted by spudss
    mach5,

I am a honda owner.. I have owned just about every sport honda made.. I was going to buy a 450R.. And it took alot of research and thinking.. And I bought the LTR.. I like it as well as any honda I have owned.. I dont like buying a first year model.. But I bought the extended warrenty to hopfully cover any bugs.. But so far I am very impressed with the LTR.. I did have a couple loose ends I have to torqe but I do that on any new quad..

I hope you think about it and buy what you think is right for your style of riding..

The LTR isnt right for everyone..

we need to start a post of loose bolts so everyone can check for them. what was loose on yours?
    2006 LT-R450 Yoshi RS-5, Cherry bomb, Hypers, RAZRs

Love to ride in WV

i would say yes go and get one. my friend just got one and all i can say is wow, im a die hard honda fan and i would trade my 450r in as it sits right now for the suzuki stock.!!
    04 450r- DEAD!

2001 VW jetta 1.8t wolfsburg

www.dubsinthebuff.com

My coolant reserve tank was bearly bolted on.. I have a couple loose hose clamps and a few other minor bolts loose..

I go around and check every last bolt if I can.. It is better to safe than sorry..
    08 LTR450
    NO WIMPS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast