Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: issues with mine already

issues with mine already

i rode today for the first time on it and all was good till the clutch just started slipping like crazy to the point the bike quit rolling after some bewilderment and few freinds with there reliability jokes. i figured the cable had become way to tight. i had to loosen the darn thing up over an inch. never had a cable shrink an inch usually the stretch. im gonna tear it down tomorrow and see it the cable is screwed up or what. dont even have 2hours on it.
    2006 LT-R450 Yoshi RS-5, Cherry bomb, Hypers, RAZRs

Love to ride in WV

Not even 2 hours on mine either and 2nd gear is WHINING intermittently. I love this quad and want to keep it but it must prove itself reliable and its not off to a good start for me sorry to say. Hopefully there is a happy ending.

I don't understand why you guys have to be the first in line to buy a BRAND NEW bike, then complain about issues. It is rare that you ever see a new bike made that doesn't have a problem or two. You know there are going to be bugs. Never be the first to buy a new released quad if you want ultra reliable.
    Racing Rice
    - '05 Raptor 660R

Raptorforum Member number 6!
    OhioMafiaRiders.com

Originally posted by Racing Rice
    I don't understand why you guys have to be the first in line to buy a BRAND NEW bike, then complain about issues. It is rare that you ever see a new bike made that doesn't have a problem or two. You know there are going to be bugs. Never be the first to buy a new released quad if you want ultra reliable.
    If you spend $7k on something it definetly should not have any problems the first few hours of operation. I don't care if its a first year quad or not. Clutch and gearbox problems should never happen during break in. I am not asking for it to be "ultra reliable", just to make it through the first tank of gas without it quit running and without hearing 2nd gear growl and grind.

Its just the way it is, face it. You want to complain about $7000 on a first year model? People spend between $20,000 and $50,000 on brand new automobiles/trucks and they have their gremlins too..... You bought the machine knowing full well that it was a "first stab" at the model. If you wanted reliability you should have bought a warranty or waited for the second year model.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
    If you spend $7k on something it definetly should not have any problems the first few hours of operation.
    Your right, you SHOULD NOT. However, the reality is you do. Like Flyin said, it's not just Suzuki or any of the ATV makers. Anything new has bugs, plain and simple. Software, electronics, automobiles there is always the possiblity.

Yes, I agree it sucks and in the perfect world you could spend $7K on a new quad and both of you would live a happy life together, unfortunately it's not a perfect world.

I do appreciate you keeping us posted on the problems you find, but please take into consideration that it is bound to happen. Roll with the punches and enjoy it. Use the warranty you have if need be, and maybe look into getting an extended warranty before yours runs out. It's better to be safe then sorry.

Also, make sure you tell your DEALER about the problems you are having. Atleast that way if something happens you can (A) say I told you so and (B) the more complaints that Suzuki gets, the more they may see a trend in problems that need to be addressed in future models.

Thank you.
    Racing Rice
    - '05 Raptor 660R

Raptorforum Member number 6!
    OhioMafiaRiders.com

Originally posted by Racing Rice
    There is one problem with your plan. If no one buys a first year model, there wouldn't be a second year model to purchase. And even if there was a second year, it would have all the 1st year gremlins because no one has riddin it yet. So be thankful that a few of us are willing to stick our necks out so that those that wait will have better machines as a result.
    2006 ltr450
    ATP 14.1 piston w/custom wristpin
    ATP P&P
    +1mm Ex Valves
    ATP Custom Grind Int Cam
    High Flow Fuel Injector
    5 Angle Valve Job
    FuelATV Intake
    Dasa Full Exhaust
    Yoshimura PIM, FIMAK
    LM-1 Wideband o2 Sensor

Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
    There is one problem with your plan. If no one buys a first year model, there wouldn't be a second year model to purchase. And even if there was a second year, it would have all the 1st year gremlins because no one has riddin it yet. So be thankful that a few of us are willing to stick our necks out so that those that wait will have better machines as a result.
    great point and well stated.
    ~mike
    --------------------------------------------------
    2005 - ATK VR
    Rated X A-Arms, TCS Shocks, Moto-axle, Tag X5, AC Pro-Peg Nerfs, Black Widow Exhaust, Short Air Horn
    AASCO Pro 90 - AC Racing Nerfs, Bumper, and Grab Bar
    Kymco Mongoose 50 - DTZ Exhaust
    Kazuma Meerkat 50

Warranty covers "manufacturers defects" only. Dealers will do anything in their power not to warranty anything. I worked at a dealer and the only thing I ever saw covered under warranty was a 400ex that had a dowel pin dropped in the crankcase at the factory and locked up the motor on the customers first ride. I have seen many other things that were obviously defects that they blamed on the owner and would not cover. Extended warranties are a waste of money. And I don't care what you guys say, my problem is totally uncalled for, building a reliable gearbox is not rocket science.

Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
    Warranty covers "manufacturers defects" only. Dealers will do anything in their power not to warranty anything. I worked at a dealer and the only thing I ever saw covered under warranty was a 400ex that had a dowel pin dropped in the crankcase at the factory and locked up the motor on the customers first ride. I have seen many other things that were obviously defects that they blamed on the owner and would not cover. Extended warranties are a waste of money. And I don't care what you guys say, my problem is totally uncalled for, building a reliable gearbox is not rocket science.
    That's retarded IMHO. Dealerships should LOVE warranty work. They aren't owned by Honda, Suzuki, or Yamaha. They are just licensed to sell and repair their product. If you bring in an ATV for warranty work, they get paid by the factory to fix it. It doesn't come out of their own pocket.

That being said, I wouldn't trust most of them with an oil change.. lol.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast