Thread: EFI questions

EFI questions

sorry for dumb questions, but im curious if this is similar to a car. can you just add exhaust and such, without making any other changes since it is fuel injected?

and what is a cherry bomb?
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

i beleive its an open loop..wich means it has to be adjusted as you change the flow...the cherry bomb to the lt-r is the same thing as a race chip for a car basicaly...not sure how it does it, but i installed that, took the baffle out, and air box lid off...it was singificantly faster than it was stock.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.

Originally posted by NacsRacer027
    i beleive its an open loop..wich means it has to be adjusted as you change the flow....
    but isnt it alot easier then screwin with jets on a carb?
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

if you feel like paying the dealer to do it...or buying the 239 dollar computer from yoshimira to do it yourself..then yes.

either way...i would prefer this over a carb anyday.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.

You have to have some sort of programmable fuel management unit to compensate for the changes. Then you can put a generic map or even better have it dyno tuned. You can get generic maps off of someone that is running a similar setup. Plug the unit into a laptop and download the new map. It's simple and easy. FI rocks!
    Racing Rice
    - '05 Raptor 660R

Raptorforum Member number 6!
    OhioMafiaRiders.com