Thread: kill switch on ltr450

kill switch on ltr450

Can anyone tell me were and how to wire in a kill switch on the ltr-450.

Is it supposed to be wired in the same as kill switch on the ltz400, and that from what I understand is to be wired into the the pulse wire leading to the coil.

Hope someone can help on this, thanks

Ive been reading up on this and theres a couple of posts on a few other websites. They say to find the white and blue wire running out of the stator ignition area and then tap into the white wire and ground the other wire. Apparently if you use the switch wires off the handle bar mountd switch it doesnt work right and youll have to replace a fuse every time. Also one of the guys that posted said he needed to add wire to the switch to have enough freeplay ! Hope this helps and if anyone else knows if this is right or an easier way let us know! .................................now if the damn bike would just show up at the dealer...

Jason
    NEATV-MX Media/Public Relations Rep.
    bike: LT450R I got it finally!!!!

I am the one that posted the "how to" on the other site. I could not find any other way to hook it up. Unless you want to strip the wiring harness. It is very easy to do, I wish that I had taken pictures. All you have to do is find the white and blue wires right above the sprocket cover. Just splice into white wire and ground the short wire. It is not hard to add wire, just an inline splice, tie wrap to the frame and that's it. Make sure not to ground to the bracket holding the ecm and rectifier, it won't hurt anything but just doesn't work as a ground. Either use the bolt holding the steering stem, or the bolt from the head light bracket.

Hope this helps.

If not e-mail me and I can talk you through it.

jbryant4@gt.rr.com

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Knew it wouldn't be hard just don't want to splice a into a wire and hurt the ecm or any of the other electonic equipment.

I install an pingel kill switch on my LT-R450. I use the orange with white stripes wire. He's licated on the front main wire harness... The same location than the z400...

And everything works fine for me man..

Originally posted by z-hindle
    I install an pingel kill switch on my LT-R450. I use the orange with white stripes wire. He's licated on the front main wire harness... The same location than the z400...

And everything works fine for me man..
    Different type of switch. The Pingle switch is normally closed where the Pro Designs / Pro Armor type are normally open.

That would make a world of difference on what wire you cut.

I don't think that have current running through a kill is a very good idea, most kill switches are just supposed to interupt the the current to the coil to ground so they do not have a constant current running through it and possible over heat switch.

kill switch

I installed mine the same way Factory Suzuki installed the one on JJ's LT-R. Short wire to ground and long wire to the white wire coming off the coil. Its very easy and works fine. I used a pro-design kill switch. Many people say this is the wrong way to install it, but if it is why does Team Yoshimura Suzuki install it this way.
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did it just like jpb450 said with the white wire toward the rear of the bike and it works purfect.
    RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!

It's the white wire w/ a blue stripe - coming off the CDI box up under the hood. All you need to to is tap the Pro Design kill switch wire (not the ground) into this white wire and you're set.
    ATV INSIDER MAGAZINE - Your #1 Source for ATV Racing coverage!
    Visit www.atv-insider.com to subscribe today!

www.myspace.com/gorilladesigns