Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xcyfz450

if i had soemthing sold and i didnt recive the money for it yet and themoney was not sent and someone offered me 150 that would be gone to them + if he didnt hassle to ship i dont see anything wrong with making extra money just dont get bent out of shape you didnt lose anything

Well now...Maybe you should have read the book. I guess just about everyone can read the book it is the understanding part that gets some people in trouble. I not only read the books I understood what they meant. It pays to know what you're talking about before saying anything. That way things don't get thrown back at you. Not everyone on this site is quite as stupid as you seem to think.

I'm not here to argue, the guy did nothing wrong as far as most people are concerned. There is no need to trash a person because they found a better deal for themselves.

I never step into these petty gripes, but it seems like the same people are saying the same things all over this site even though it is absolutely no business of theirs.

Originally posted by capeters
    Well now...Maybe you should have read the book. I guess just about everyone can read the book it is the understanding part that gets some people in trouble. I not only read the books I understood what they meant. It pays to know what you're talking about before saying anything. That way things don't get thrown back at you. Not everyone on this site is quite as stupid as you seem to think.

I'm not here to argue, the guy did nothing wrong as far as most people are concerned. There is no need to trash a person because they found a better deal for themselves.

I never step into these petty gripes, but it seems like the same people are saying the same things all over this site even though it is absolutely no business of theirs.
    That was the point I was trying to make....I agree as you can tell by my post above.

Thanks Chino, people watch a little Judge Judy and they think they are lawyers.

Originally posted by capeters
    Thanks Chino, people watch a little Judge Judy and they think they are lawyers.
    Notice I did not take a side either.....I was just correcting a fellow member.

There is no side to take. Some people are misinformed about dealings that may happen on these sorts of forums. There is virtually no chance you are going to get your money back if a person gets ripped off. That is why people use paypal, it is a safer alternative to checks, money orders, etc. It is unfortunate but true. The only recourse a person has is through feedback. You have to rely on that feedback to make a judgement on a persons character. That is why i feel it is wrong to drag a person through the mud unnecessarily. I can find no fault in a person who happens to find a more convient, safer way to sell there parts. After all, he did not take any money from anyone, and he let the guy know their deal fell through. That is the real issue here.

So let me paint a picture for you. I have a full set hiper rims for sale...$200. You say you will buy them, and send out a money order that day in the mail. The next day at school, my bud comes up and tells me he wants some rims for his quad and I go well hey I have a set...and he buys them.

I did nothing wrong right? You aren't mad at me...right?
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

Wrong. That is not what is being discussed here. The guy never sent the money order out! Do you see the difference? You send a money order you expect parts, that's the way it is supposed to work. If the person let's you know before you send the money order, you're upset but negative feedback isn't the way to go.

My turn for a paint brush... Suppose you just talked to a guy on this site on Thursday and he was going to buy your rims. He said he was going to send you a money order on Monday. Saturday you talk to one of your friends and he needs those rims and offers to buy them. Do you turn your friend away because a guy on a website said he would send you a money order? Are you certain that money order is really going to get there? What about your friend's need for those rims? Not to mention the hassle of shipping those rims. Or... do you contact the guy you talked with on the website and ask him if he sent the money order. If he sent it then the deal is done and your friend is SOL. If the guy didn't send it you explain the above situation and sell them to your friend. You're happy your friend is happy and the guy on the website will probably understand.

but i thought the difference was the consideration...the payment. Either way you havn't received it. So how is one way right and one way wrong?
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

This is pointless, apparently you refuse to accept the facts and laws as they are presented. You can confirm that the payment was shipped... Let the people who read these posts decide which is right and wrong. I'm certain you know the difference but aren't willing to admit it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast