Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xcyfz450

Thumbs down xcyfz450

don't deal with this guy,first we have a deal and i am sending a money order and then he trys to back out cause someone else wanted to use pay-pal and then we had it worked out again and at the last minute he decides to back out and sell local so he does not have to ship.
    a deal is a deal and you are only as good as your word.
    04 450R
    00 400EX

Did he take any of your money?
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

nope he was sending money order monday i had a buddy i foud out later in the day that said he would take them so they got sold. saves me the hassle of shipping and i got cash in my pocket instead of waiting on money order. and i even pmed him to tell him not to send money out on monday. i dont think i did anything wrong?

Kinda shady if you already had a deal with him. IMO
    85 Full size blazer
    350 crate motor
    Edelbrock Performer
    33" tires
    Full restore in progress

2000 400ex
    Dynojet
    Holeshots
    K&N
    Megamax slipon
    Motion Pro Twist
    White Bros CDI
    Twin row carrier
    Prm swingarm skid
    Aluminum airbox
    High cap. oil tank
    15 tooth front sprocket
    folding shift lever (junk!)
    oversize head studs
    426 wiseco 11:1
    hotcam 2
    Hotrod con rod
    crf cam chain
    Port and polish
    450r front bumper

He has a right to sell it to anybody he wants. He said he pm'd the guy and told him so I don't see where he did any wrong.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Originally posted by AtvMxRider
    He has a right to sell it to anybody he wants. He said he pm'd the guy and told him so I don't see where he did any wrong.
    No, actually If I put something up for sale for $100.00 and you say you will buy it and I say ok, thats a deal. And then later even if someone offers me $150.00 I would actually be breaking a contract by not selling it to you. It is something you could take to court, and won, but you would still end up losing money, better to just drop it.

It becomes more of a matter of business and personal ethics than anything.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

Originally posted by derekhonda
    No, actually If I put something up for sale for $100.00 and you say you will buy it and I say ok, thats a deal. And then later even if someone offers me $150.00 I would actually be breaking a contract by not selling it to you. It is something you could take to court, and won, but you would still end up losing money, better to just drop it.

It becomes more of a matter of business and personal ethics than anything.
    I completely agree.
    '06 450ER

- Rossier Exhaust
    - Moose Foam Filter
    - HRC Needle
    - Skat Trak Haulers

It is ridiculous to soil this guys reputation because you thought there was a "deal" in place. It is the sellers perogative to pull a deal off the table at any time. There is no deal until money changes hands. People will be wary to do business with you based on your petty reaction to a failed transaction. If he took your money and didn't deliver, that is another story.

As for the $100 - $150 argument... That's even more ridiculous.

Originally posted by capeters
    It is ridiculous to soil this guys reputation because you thought there was a "deal" in place. It is the sellers perogative to pull a deal off the table at any time. There is no deal until money changes hands. People will be wary to do business with you based on your petty reaction to a failed transaction. If he took your money and didn't deliver, that is another story.

As for the $100 - $150 argument... That's even more ridiculous.
    Oh really...why dont you go read a business law book and then argue with me.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

Originally posted by derekhonda
    Oh really...why dont you go read a business law book and then argue with me.
    I have taken Biz Law I and II and I don't think he would have a claim........this may help you out....

Contracts are promises that the law will enforce. The law provides remedies if a promise is breached or recognizes the performance of a promise as a duty. Contracts arise when a duty does or may come into existence, because of a promise made by one of the parties. To be legally binding as a contract, a promise must be exchanged for adequate consideration. Adequate consideration is a benefit or detriment which a party receives which reasonably and fairly induces them to make the promise/contract. For example, promises that are purely gifts are not considered enforceable because the personal satisfaction the grantor of the promise may receive from the act of giving is normally not considered adequate consideration. Certain promises that are not considered contracts may, in limited circumstances, be enforced if one party has relied to his detriment on the assurances of the other party.

The seller rec'd no consideration for the verbal promise, therefore no contract exists!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast