Thread: my 426ex wont idle, suggestions please

Hybrid View

my 426ex wont idle, suggestions please

I just bought another 400ex. It has a wiseco 12:1 426 w/ hotcams stage 2, rev box, and choke removed from stock carb. Its a pain to start but when I get it running it runs great, no hesitations or backfiring and pulls strong. This thing wont idle for anything though. It runs great when Im on the throttle. Then I try to let it idle and it just slows down and dies on its own. I tried adjusting the idle speed (the slotted) screw with the cable connected to it). The idle screw doesnt change anything, Im not sure if its working right. I turn it all the way one way, then the opposite way, the idle stays the same and it just slows down and dies. Has anyone had this problem. Suggestions appreciated.

by the way I searched on this topic already

Thanks
    07 YFZ MX - Walsh/PEP kicker. LSR nerfs. yfzR rear fender/seat conversion. rpm d2 axle. precision stabilizer. all the goodies..

The idle speed screw is probably your problem. It should give you a big difference when you mess with it. It might be broke or stretched or something that it won't keep the motor idleing.

That's where I would look first.
    Research Assistant
    Engine Research Center
    University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Department of Mechanical Engineering

2003 400ex
    2005 Arctic Cat F7 EFI