Thread: Questions on building my 300EX

Questions on building my 300EX

Ok, I am putting a powroll 4.5mm stroker, stage 4 webcamshaft, FST 330 big bore kit, port/polished etc..etc.. anyways... What I need to know is this.

How will I know how short to shorten things? The stroker will be making the piston go up further won't it? Meaning even after I get the shortened valve guides I will still need to shorten the valves more? I don't know I never have gotten into building it this far into the motor well with the stroker anyways. Someone help me out. That's honestly the only part that have confused the hell out of me is how far the stroker is going to be making the piston go up. And how short the valves stems should be.
    400ex

T4 pro circut full exhaust, K&N air filter, rejetted, nerfs alum with red netting, maier racing front/maier back(fighting red), Pro taper handle bars, Razr back, holeshot front, wheel spacers on front.
    Update on the rest soon.

Dont need to shorten anything because of the stroker. You will, however, need a piston with a different wrist pin location. Check with Powroll.
    Mark Chapman
    ATVA Charter Member

Moderator: Racers and Promoters Forum - ATVSource.com

ATV Referee/Tech Inspector

Thanks

Thanks man.
    400ex

T4 pro circut full exhaust, K&N air filter, rejetted, nerfs alum with red netting, maier racing front/maier back(fighting red), Pro taper handle bars, Razr back, holeshot front, wheel spacers on front.
    Update on the rest soon.