Thread: What kind of cam is this? (pics)

What kind of cam is this? (pics)

This cam came with a used 400ex I bought. It is stamped with a 2 on one side and an L on the other side. It has the decomp. mech. on it too. Im pretty sure the stock cam has an H w/ a cicle around it. Anyone have any ideas?

07 YFZ MX - Walsh/PEP kicker. LSR nerfs. yfzR rear fender/seat conversion. rpm d2 axle. precision stabilizer. all the goodies..

stock cam, im not sure whats stamped on the stock cause i dont have mine on hand but its currently out of the engine and looks exactly the same
    2006Honda 450ER

2006Kawasaki KVF700 Prairie

all cams are going to look almost identicle, but usualy on aftermarkets they will stamp the brand name on it some where (usualy inbetween the lobes or on the sproket).

it looks exactly like my stock cam before i put the hotcam in aftermarket cams will have some sort of marking of the brandname on it like the hotcams was marked at one end of it

I thought it looked like a stock cam too, I just dont remember the number 2 or the letter L being on the stock cam. Now that i think about it, this came out of a 2001 and my other 400ex is a 2002. Maybe the labels were changed between those years. Thanks for the help.
    07 YFZ MX - Walsh/PEP kicker. LSR nerfs. yfzR rear fender/seat conversion. rpm d2 axle. precision stabilizer. all the goodies..

My stock cam has a 2 near where the timing chain connects to the sprocket. it has a Y on the other side. In between the lobes there is a F on one side and a D on the other side.
    '06 450ER

- Rossier Exhaust
    - Moose Foam Filter
    - HRC Needle
    - Skat Trak Haulers