Thread: Silver Lake 7/19 & 7/20

Silver Lake 7/19 & 7/20

Anyone plan on being at Silver Lake this Friday or Saturday 7/19 & 7/20? We are going to get there about noon on Friday and ride Friday and all day Saturday. Me and a buddy, both on 400ex's. Hopefully I can get in with my Pro Circuit pipe without any hassles.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

I was just up there this past weekend. My 416 with E-series tested at 97db, and they let me ride. My buddies Z400 tested at 101db with a Yosh silencer and they let him ride too. I heard one rumor that even though they had a "limit" of 94db, they were letting 99 pass on Friday. We rode for 3 days, and never got tested (except when we first got there and asked to be tested). The only thing that they seemed to be checking for was spark arresters. They would pull people aside and test noise levels if they seemed questionable, but I didn't see it too often. Good luck and have fun.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

RytM!,
    How long did it take you to get there. I would like to ride the dunes, but it's like 6hrs or something. I am going to have to plan a weekend or something.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

We left about 12:30 pm Thursday, and got lucky with traffic. We made it up there in about 4 hours. I was averaging anywhere between 70-80 mph the whole way. We headed back mid-morning Sunday, and made it back in about the same time. Depending on what my work schedule for next month looks like, I am hoping to get back up there at least one more time this summer.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r

RytM1

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will not get harrassed either. I am trying to put together another trip in September.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

You should all try and plan a triip up to The Lake in September. I'm going up with all these guys in the pic. RedRooster, will probably be up there, and hopefully some more Exriders. I can't get my buddies to commit on a set date yet. I'm figuring we will get a date set sometime in early to mid August about the Sept. date.

Wish I could make it up this weekend, but I'm broke.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Sounds like a plan, keep us posted.
    2002 416EX -
    2000 Honda CR250r