Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaster 240 bore kit<<

Blaster 240 bore kit<<

Hey, have the 05' blaster and wanna make it much faster, is the the 240 bore kit the biggest i can modify the engine? and if so this along with toomey Pipes/exhaust/K&n filter will i come close to a stock banshee? How reliable will the bike be with the upgrades? Friends think i'm crazy , they all say i should just get a bigger bike, but gotta say the blaster is a classic, other classic is the 250x atc... what else are u going to buy a two stoke on 320lbs less atv.....blaster/banshee/250x is going to go up in price as they age...........thanks

240 kit is a must to be competitive

if you are goin to race in the blaster class the CT240 kit is the only way to go i belive it is the biggest kit and motor that any co makes but if you want to spend the $$ then there is word that ESR or CT will build a 265 strocker kit for around 3grand but you will have to move up to the 250 class also with a 3dagree timeing key way it gives about 3-4 hp in all with the CT kit and the key way you will have around 45hp and a stock banchee has only 40 so all you need is the 240 kit and the key way

Dont get the vito's 240 kit. Get the 265 kit(if you want to spend some money). The CT240 kit is one of the best. Just like hotrodracer said that it will give you around 40-45HP.
    1998 Yamaha Banshee
    Pro Taper, Powermadds, 190's all around, Wiseco, Bills Pipe, Holeshots, LSR axle, Elka shocks, shockcovers, AC Nerf Bars

2002 Blaster
    DG, CFM, Shockwear, Renthal, UNI, Pro Design, Tusk, Moose

1994 Yz80
    Pro Circuit Pipe, renthal, wesico, hot rod

"No one is a virgin, life screws us all"

your best bet is a 4mm stroker. its 209 cc, just as fast as a 240, smoother power and they rev quicker. not to mention, they put off less heat. get a hot rod +4mm stroker crank and rod, good right side exhaust, porting, he rechamber, 34mm carb (30 if your doing xc/trail riding) and you'll be at about 35 reliable, quick horsepower
    Planning a comeback...

I think its awesome that youre doing something to the Blaster. Wont be around forever so its good to see something done.

Have you done anything with the suspension yet? I ask because the Blaster suspension sucks with even a stock motor. Frankly, thats where I would probably put my money first.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.
    Mark Chapman
    ATVA Charter Member

Moderator: Racers and Promoters Forum - ATVSource.com

ATV Referee/Tech Inspector

Originally posted by chapmanmd
    I think its awesome that youre doing something to the Blaster. Wont be around forever so its good to see something done.

Have you done anything with the suspension yet? I ask because the Blaster suspension sucks with even a stock motor. Frankly, thats where I would probably put my money first.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.
    i agree, i did all my suspension work before i even got a exhaust pipe
    Planning a comeback...

Thanx for reply---- actually the suspension of the bike is not bad, perhaps the 05' had changes done. Able to jump get lift off and land reasonable fine.... I have flip on the bike twice on the bike, due to the fact i don't have extended axle.... i actually want to put more narrower axle on.... see i run down the railtracks and narrow paths so being narrow has advantages... plus anyone can ride a extentd axle bike and do tricks but takes skillz on a narrow axle......so i guess i'll get the ct240----

i have a 240 vitos kit forsale search my post under parts for sale

Smile

where can you get the CT240 kit? I have a blaster and i have a toomy pipe on it i have v force reeds terf tamers nerfs with heel gaurds toomy airfilter my engine is bored over handle bars clutch lever i got the carborater overdrive and i want to make it faster

where to get ct 240 kit

i dont have the phone # but you can go to ctracing.com and get all the info that you need it tripples the hp with just a few parts but the thing is that they are in CA i have it and it is real fast they have two kits a TT kit and a trail kit boath are real fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast