Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoshimura EFI controllers

Yoshimura EFI controllers

Does anyone know what the deal is with the cherry bomb and the piggyback module they sell? Do they work together? Or is the piggyback a better version of the cherry bomb?

The EMS is a better (adjustable) version of the CBomb. If you get the EMS you don't need the cherrybomb. The EMS comes with 2 maps on it, one for yoshi's race pipe, and one for there pipe with a spark arrestor.
    2006 ltr450
    ATP 14.1 piston w/custom wristpin
    ATP P&P
    +1mm Ex Valves
    ATP Custom Grind Int Cam
    High Flow Fuel Injector
    5 Angle Valve Job
    FuelATV Intake
    Dasa Full Exhaust
    Yoshimura PIM, FIMAK
    LM-1 Wideband o2 Sensor

Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
    The EMS is a better (adjustable) version of the CBomb. If you get the EMS you don't need the cherrybomb. The EMS comes with 2 maps on it, one for yoshi's race pipe, and one for there pipe with a spark arrestor.
    CB does not adjust the fuel map.... it only selects the "race" version over the stock emission map. The PIM (EMS like device) allows you to tune the map.
    JSD Products
    http://www.jsdproducts.com
    913-908-8254 (24-7 cell)

Now that I think of it the following parts are what Yoshi is selling:

CRBM Part#: 2115-AMS MSRP $39.95

PIM Part#: R-432 MSRP $239.95

FIMAK Part#: R-422 MSRP $259.95

Now if I'm correct as long as we have a laptop we can skip buying the FIMAK and just download the program below and use the PIM to interface with the system. We just have to buy a USB to serial cable to connect the laptop with the PIM.

Here's a link to the free EMS programming software: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/EMS/yoshEMS1025.exe

Initially that may be what I do if it works but who knows if the money magically appears I'll buy the whole setup.
    Saint Pauls, NC

ATVgraphics.org

Nice find...thanks for posting...if I just had the PIM now!
    05 Honda TRX450R (Mine)
    04 Kawasaki KFX700 (Guests)
    05 Polaris Predator 90 (Kids)
    06 LT-R450 (Wife's new ride)

RockinHorseWeb...TRX How To Guides!

with the Yosh PIM how do you run the test? Do you just lift up the back end or ref it in nutural?? or do you still need to put it on a dyno stand for resistance?
    ScooterBike

2006 & 2007 LTR450, Elka Elite, Elka S5 damper, IMS tank, Flexx bars, HiPer wheels, CB & TFI, Razr2...

I've been searching for info on how to tune EFI. So far I really haven't come up with much except a site called efi101.com that offers a course. Anyone have any links that have some good info?

PS I have a call into Yoshi about this very thing asking for instructions on the new EMS module. I also asked them if I could download their FREE EMS programming program and use a USB to serial cable to tune the LTR. I'll let you know what they say.

EDIT: Found this interesting site: http://members.aol.com/dvandrews/ems.htm#index
    Saint Pauls, NC

ATVgraphics.org

Originally posted by AL Elks
    I've been searching for info on how to tune EFI. So far I really haven't come up with much except a site called efi101.com that offers a course. Anyone have any links that have some good info?

PS I have a call into Yoshi about this very thing asking for instructions on the new EMS module. I also asked them if I could download their FREE EMS programming program and use a USB to serial cable to tune the LTR. I'll let you know what they say.

EDIT: Found this interesting site: http://members.aol.com/dvandrews/ems.htm#index
    Do a google search for efi diy if you cant find it i'll post the link but it should come right up.

I have been working on a community project for programming cannondales and have learned alot about efi. Still no expert though. But what I do know is that you will not be able to program the ECU without their box. The CAN protocols are fairly strange little beasts and requires some special hardware things other than just a serial cable.

Who knows perhaps in the future we can start a community LTR ECU Diagnostic tool.

Its fairly simple to trace all of the commands they send. Then of course you have to write your own application. It can definitely be done.
    ~mike
    --------------------------------------------------
    2005 - ATK VR
    Rated X A-Arms, TCS Shocks, Moto-axle, Tag X5, AC Pro-Peg Nerfs, Black Widow Exhaust, Short Air Horn
    AASCO Pro 90 - AC Racing Nerfs, Bumper, and Grab Bar
    Kymco Mongoose 50 - DTZ Exhaust
    Kazuma Meerkat 50

Thanks for the info Mike! Yea I'm searching the internet now!
    Saint Pauls, NC

ATVgraphics.org

After working on Dales EFI I can tell you that this should be interesting. from the way the downloadable program is you should be able to do alot with the mapping just like the dale system and then some. Can't wait to see this EFI take off!!!!
    88 Zilla gotta love the old twosmokes!!!
    06 Quadracer **For Sale**
    07 Grizzly 700 FI with powersteering!!!

06 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab

http://www.thequadbuilder.com

Godspeed #4 keep a watch over us there little buddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast