Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: derisi shock rebuilds

derisi shock rebuilds

hey guys got a question. how long did it take when you sent your 450r shocks to derisi to get a rebuild? i sent my off a while ago and haven't got them back yet. i am hoping to get a phone call from him this week. just wondering? also what adjustments did you have to make to dial them in. i know all will be different, but looking for any ideas to see if any are the same. thanks
    travis
    2004 honda 450r
    axis shocks, razrs, ac racing, and more

my buddy sent his shocks to derisi... i think he got them back like 2 weeks from the day he sent them... santo has good turn around time... when he got them they were valved to light and he would bottom out... he sent them back, derisi fixed the problem and then next day aired them back....
    Honda Forever
    GIT-R-DONE
    www.ecoratv.com

i sent mine out about 4 weeks ago and i e-mailed him last week and he said they would be done that week and i still haven't got them. i don't want to keep calling him because the more he is on the phone the less time he has to work. i hope i will get them next week. thanks
    travis
    2004 honda 450r

Hey,
    Sorry for the delay on everything i have just been so busy lately with all the races starting up and everyone needing their suspension. I have been working 18 hour days trying to get everything done so everyone can go racing. I am the one that does every shock that goes out so i can make sure everything is done right but doing things that way sometimes makes for a longer turnaround time. I hope everyone understands and please call or email me if you have any questions.
    Later,
    Santo DeRisi

DeRisi Racing Inc.
    The Leading Edge in ATV Suspension Technology!
    www.derisiracing.com

That's awesome Santo, keep up the great work, I only hear good things about you. You'll probably be hearing from me sometime this spring or early summer when I decide to do something with my stock shocks.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

hey santo, sounds great. i can't wait to get them. i wasn't dogging your name, i was just wondering what your normal turn around time was. i have only heard good things about you and i'm sure the shocks will be top notch when i get them. can't wait. also do you have any of the ball joint covers in shock. if you do i might order a set when you call me. will they fit janssen arms? thanks
    travis
    2004 honda 450r

hey FULTZ....how do you like those jansen a-arms...is the +1 good and wide enough..doyu ride xc or what...got a yammi 450 just wondering..also on your wheels..what offset you go with...whats the width now
    thanks alot
    josh

dont feel bad about calling him, i do all the time he has a fancy dancy headset so he can work and chat, ofcourse when i tell him dirty jokes it could slow down your service time
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

hey jal232 i like them. i race both mx and xc so i wanted some arms that would work on both. so far they working great. i run 4+1 offset in the woods and 3+2 offset on the mx tracks. i don't know my width. the only thing i don't like are the heim joints. i wish they were normal ball joints. i am affraid when mud and water get in the heims they will want to stiffen up. hasn't happen yet but i have read of a lot of people saying this. thanks
    travis
    2004 honda 450r

hey right on travis...yeah i will be racing xc most of the time but we alwasy have a couple annual trips to a fmaily members house that has laot of trails,,and then the occasional just rec. riding with teh buddies for the weekend so i jsut didtn wnat to be so wide in the woods that id be screwed...on that 3*2 offset do you get alot of bump steer or is it pretty good really..thanks
    josh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast