Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Vehicle?

Question What Vehicle?

Well, right now I have a 93 Explorer 4x4 and it's not that it's a bad truck or anything, it's just it's slow and averages 9-11 mpg. And me being a 16 year old kid workin for 6.50 an hour, it just ain't the vehicle of my choice. So I'm looking around for other options, I honestly want a car. I'd kill for a 93-97 Camaro z28 with a 6 speed, but I just don't know if it's feasible for me to have a car being I need to be able to haul my quad around on the trailor. But I definatly DO NOT want another 4 wheel drive truck. So it's kind of a shiity situation because I need a vehicle that gets pretty decent fuel mileage, but still be able to haul a quad.. and a little acee when I feel like lowering my fuel mileage if you catch my drift.
    2005 TRX450r

bit of advice the camero bad idea they get about the same gas milage as your explorer and they recomend that you run premium with the v8................ my little brother had one and those cars just fall apart
    fat people are hard to kidnap

and you wont be able to afford insurance on a camaro if you work 6 hours a week unless ur vice president of a huge company
    (philadelphia) Bensalem, PA
    04 white z400
    some mods

Dito on the Dakota! I had a 2003 Dakota club cab with the 3.9 V6 and i put a KN FIPK in it and i got like 20-22 MPG and like 14-16 pulling my 2 place trailer with quads on it! Awesome truck but unlike you i live in Michigan where the snow sux and so i needed 4x4 so i got rid of it. Thats Terrible though for an explorer you should get double that. I have now a fully loaded grand cherokee 2005 with a 4.7 V8 and i get almost 18MPG with just a standard KN filter Your fuel filter or something needs to be replaced either that or you need to put some mopar in that thing. Run some fuel injector cleaner in it replace the air filter and check you fuel filter you should get at least 15 mpg with that!!
    1999 416ex
    JE Piston
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Big Gun Race Exhaust
    K&N Power Kit
    WB Rev Kit
    Tag X-5 handlebars
    Pro Design Tether
    AC Pro Pegs
    14T Renthal Front Sprocket
    +2+1 Herman Racing A-Arms
    Pep Front Shocks
    Lonestar Axcalibur Axle
    37T Renthal Rear Sprocket
    Maxxis Razr's on T-9 all around

Stolen
    2004 TRX450R
    Honda HRC Kit
    K&N Power Kit
    LRD Pro 4 Series Exhaust
    Tag T2 Handlebars
    Pro Taper Clamps
    RTC Racing Pull Clutch Lever
    SRP Parking Brake Block Off
    DG Race Peg Nerf Bars
    Burgard Rear Beadlocks
    Maxxis Razr's
    DG Pro National Front Bumper
    Power Madd Handguards

get a toyota corolla or a honda civic

Do some maintenance on your truck and it will run better and get better gas mileage!
    2005 KFX700]
    LOTS OF MODS

2003 TRX400EX
    JUST BEGINNING TO BUILD

2000 TRX300EX
    ALMOST DONE

Originally posted by MixMasterMike
    yeah get a newer civic. they have nice features and have some get up and go.

id say a small pickup. the older s-10 2wd with the iron Duke 4-banger got some great gas mileage and for a 4cyl 5 speed truck, had some power. no v-6 power but not a slouch for a 4 cylinder. or get a small 2wd truck with a v6. they shoud do decent on gas mileage and have some power.

and on the camaro. you can put a hitch on those things, my neighbor hauls his bas boat with his 95. the actually get great gas milage for what they are atleast 16, i have heard of some in the 20's. teh insurance would kill you though.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

Originally posted by MixMasterMike

My brother had a honda accord, they r quick for 4 bangers and gas is amazing..

When I get my license I'm probaly going to get a truck to haul chit and a little 4 banger as a daily driver.
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

You want something quicker/sportier then the Explorer, get better gas mileage, but also need to haul your ATV.

You could either get some sort of V6 truck, or get a smaller sportier car and put a hitch on it. I have a hitch on my Civic. It will pull an ATV fine. If you get a 4 banger and want to pull something, make sure you get manual. My Explorer pulls much better then my civic does though.

I recommend just keeping what you have and do what you can, then worry about a car later when your working more and making more money.

Do you have payments on the Explorer currently or cash for another car?
    Racing Rice
    - '05 Raptor 660R

Raptorforum Member number 6!
    OhioMafiaRiders.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast