Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twist Throttle what one to buy

Twist Throttle what one to buy

Hey guys just like the topic says im looking to put a twist throttle on my LT-R just as soon as it get here.
    but i was wondering if there are some that are better quality than others and any other feedback you have on them.
    will anyone work with the LT-R or will you have to buy a speical one?
    thanks in advance

theres no reason to put a twist on an atv unless your running flat track..

I second that. Quads and twist throttles don't go well together. You ever heard of Whisker Throttle? If not you don't want to, trust me.

I meant Whiskey Throttle..LOL

Hey guys thanks for the tip but i wasn't asking for your thoughts on weather or not to get one just looking for the best one to get.
    ive ran dirt bikes for a while, and i race a motard and i road race an R1. im really use to the twist and thats what i want.

so please if you dont have an opinion on witch twist throttle will work or witch ones are good or bad than dont respond to my thread
    thanks
    Rob
    sorry dont mean to be a dick just trying to keep this thread simple

Motion Pro makes some good twist throttles, not sure if it will fit the LTR. When I warned you I am speaking from personal experience, and I ride street and supermoto also. Good luck man and watch out for the whoops.

sorry man but its just not safe.. you ran bikes witch is different than a quad with twist

Ill stick up for you, I dont know why anyone would want to ride with a thumb throttle...worst invention ever

Motion Pro has always made good kits. Wheather or not they have a kit out for the LTR yet is a different question.
    89 250r
    -50 pilot and 162 main
    -red nerf webbing
    -cleaned air filter last week
    -amsoil 50:1
    -B8EV sparkplug w/ .028 gap
    -properly adjusted chain
    -Renthal grips
    -think about getting some PC done
    -more mods to come.....

Quads I used to have-
    89 Banshee-set up for racing
    98 Warrior
    95 300ex (with mods)

If you want one any time soon you will have to take some shots in the dark, and do some testing to see which one will allow you enough cable slack to mount one up. Usually you can find one off a dirt bike that will mount right up. It all depends on how much cable you need.

as far as it being right for a quad.....if you ride aggressivly, and hang off in corners, a twist throttle is undoubtedly counter productive.

If you arent riding that hard, and your thumb gets tired, knock your socks off.

Motion Pro makes a great twist throttle, you might have to wait a month or two until they design one for the new Lt450R.

And in defense of twist throttles, being used to motorcycles and dirtbikes, a thumb throttle is tired some and once you get used to it you wouldn't have it any other way. The first couple times you ride it in the whoops it does feel a little dangerous But you get used to it and now after a few years with a twist on my R I can fly with it with no unpredictable throttle blips! And I ride MX, Dunes, etc.
    LONG LIVE THE 250R!!!!!!

AND YES IT IS STILL NO 1!!!!!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast