Thread: Banshee Life

Banshee Life

Hey I was wondering how banshee's hold up over the months. How many months can you expect to go without a rebuild (rings)?Do they loose power over time or at once ? How dependable are they with a tranny oil change every 10 gas tanks and change of plugs every month? With SOME easy pavement riding not hard.

I have a banshee since 98 and been through two rebuilds one it wasnīt necessary then the other was because I blow it going 75 mph in a highway testing the speed with a car
    then itīs running real good with nothing more
    The key to a good lasting banshee is good oil, taking care of it (mainteniance) and good carburetion setting so you donīt blow it for being lean
    They are easy to work with (don{t have valves or other complicated timing issues like on a four strokes and is cheaper to buy two pistons than five or four ti valves, piston and other ****s)

if you take good care of them you should be able to go several years without a rebuild. i don't know about changing the plugs every month, depending on how much you ride, but i like to change my plugs about every good weekend... plugs are ony $1.60 each. i liked to keep fresh plugs in my banshee, and still do in my 250r
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Originally posted by 250r4life
    if you take good care of them you should be able to go several years without a rebuild. i don't know about changing the plugs every month, depending on how much you ride, but i like to change my plugs about every good weekend... plugs are ony $1.60 each. i liked to keep fresh plugs in my banshee, and still do in my 250r
    If you take care of the Banshee it will last quite a long time. As for the plugs, as long as it's jetted right the plugs will last at least a couple months. Unless you're running Champion plugs, those only last a few days...haha pure crap there. But if you really want a good plug, go with the NGK Iridiums, they last forever!
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.