Thread: working out

working out

I play football for my high school and we lift weights monday and wensday wich includes power clean, incline press, and squats. Then on tuesdays we run a block and a half and walk half a block. On Thursdays we do jump squats, skip for height, and bunny hop?, run 4 20s, 4 10s, and 2 40s.

What else do u guys thing i can do to get in shape for mx? And what do u guys do?
    450R
    kenda fronts
    mxr rears
    ac nerfs

Your doing plenty.

Just do what your doing and eat right..You'll be fine

seat time.thats the most important thing.you can run and lift all day and still get tired and arm pump.try riding as much as possible.doing all the work out will help you out in those long moto's,but you still need more seat time than anything!

sounds like your football team needs to do more lifting. I couldnt imagine only doing 3 workouts 2 days a week. For mx you will want your endurence to get up, do less weight and more reps. I would recomend a 10-8-6 of bench, bridges, pectoral work out, anything to work your chest. For squats and clean do 3x5 (which you are probably doing). Also stretch as much as possible, no point in having muscles and not being flexible.
    2001 400ex (sold)!
    Trying to get back into racing

eat tons of things with protien in them, chicken, eggs, tuna, steak anything you can get your hands on, no junk food, sodas or anything.. Anything with carbs in them as well.

right now your doing alot of carido which works for racing but if your looking to bulk up and get a little deff to ya..

Then lift 4-5 days a week, do chest, back and arms one day, legs and such another, mix it up.. dead lifts.

Dont just do bench press and get tired and not be able to do any other kind of work out. If your skinny you can do powerlifting to bulk up which is were you lift 6-10 reps of heavy weights, no more then that.

It works wonderful, I've only being lifting fulltime for 2-3 weeks and my lats are coming in and everything I love it, I have a 6 pack. I cant wait till I bulk up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

what Hondadudeehhhh said is very true; focus more on repetition versus "power" lifting. i currently play Highschool lacrosse and basketball, and in terms of working out, almost any form of weight training will be helpful, but there is no substitute for ride time! practice, practice, and more practice (lol, ever get tired of hearing that ) its true though, the more seat time the better!

any time of cardio workout is going to be especially helpful as well! no matter how much brute strenght you have, if your body cant deliver enough oxygen to your muscles, you will have no endurance! work on the treadmill, elliptical, what ever!

in terms of diet, eat alot of lean protein and drink alot of water. we all enjoy a snack once in awhile, just dont go rapidly binging ho hos or something ! try to stay away from eating alot of foods high in sugar! once in a while is ok, just dont overkill it! a simple way to cut down on is to just give up soda!

good luck!
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

haha yeah soda is a big no no, took me awhile to give it up. I forgot to mention pull ups and pushups help alot too. sit ups. Just the basics if you dont have weights or a machine!
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

Sprints are great for explosive power, off the line for football but really do dittly for your stamina. You should be sprinting the two blocks and running much more. My workout is much more repetition than weights. Running approx 2 miles, eliptical machines for 2 more, and a bike for 1 mile. Weights come at the end, most reps I can do, low weight high reps. 50-60 reps.
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

push press/shrugs/ hang cleans /curls/decline bench..... would help a little if your gonna be doing tricks

and ya if you guys are only doing 2 works outs a week .. something is wrong we work out 5 times a week different part each day keeps the fat away ! not workin for me tho haha
    2005 400ex
    some stuff....
    2001 trx90
    Honda 1980 50

get yourself a mountain bike and a good i-pod and ride . i lift 3 -5 days a week and ride at least 3 days a week. just started riding the bike,but its a great workout.imo dont know if this works but i seen these 2 guys who stunt on street bikes and they followed them and theyr workout included just grabbing a chin-up bar and hold on on hang for as long as you can and do a couple sets and it's supposedly(sp) helps decrease arm pump? dont know,but i'm tryin it.as soonas the weather breaks and the tracks are open i'll find out if this all works myself
    The chlymydia you got in Vegas, will not actually stay in Vegas!