Thread: manual adjust cam chain tensioner?

manual adjust cam chain tensioner?

Has anyone modified a self adjusting cam chain tensioner? Another one on my 400ex broke and I'm getting tired of it. I heard that you can run a bolt through it, but not sure how much of the guts to leave in. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    "All this turbo blue in the air is really helping my hangover."

2001 400ex XC setup: 440 big bore w/ port+polish, 12:1 JE piston, web XR cam, LRD exhaust system, Dyna FS ignition, Eldelbrock carb, Lightened flywheel, TCS front shocks, +1.5 steering stem w/ antivibe, Denton steering stabilizer, renthal bars, holeshot XCR front/rear on ITP T9's, DG nerfs and bumper, uni filter, alum. air box, handwarmers, polaris bar ends

here
    they don't list one for the 400ex, but maybe they could make one, or you could, it looks pretty simple.
    don't buy from Paul Corbin aka TampaBoy813

01 492ex

How do you break a cam chain tensioner? Its a spring! Are you sure you're installing it right?
    '00 416ex -- 11:1 Wiseco, stage 1 HotCams, LEXX slip-on w/ modded header, ASR +2 arms, 450r shocks, G-Force axle, FST style cooler, Trail Tech bars and clamp

Temporarily retired from my extremely short (but successful) racing career.

Maybe some IXCR in the near future.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Originally posted by dork
    here
    they don't list one for the 400ex, but maybe they could make one, or you could, it looks pretty simple.
    Thanks for the info. I think I can run a bolt through the exisisting housing and it should work like the one in the pictures.
    "All this turbo blue in the air is really helping my hangover."

2001 400ex XC setup: 440 big bore w/ port+polish, 12:1 JE piston, web XR cam, LRD exhaust system, Dyna FS ignition, Eldelbrock carb, Lightened flywheel, TCS front shocks, +1.5 steering stem w/ antivibe, Denton steering stabilizer, renthal bars, holeshot XCR front/rear on ITP T9's, DG nerfs and bumper, uni filter, alum. air box, handwarmers, polaris bar ends