Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raced an LTR-450

Raced an LTR-450

Was at Dumont yesterday and raced a STOCK LT-R450(pipe baffle removed) on an 05 YFZ450 w/a Dr. D Slip on, cam-mod, rev-box, jetted and filtered

Guy who owned it was pretty cool...said he got it for $8100 OTD in California...Defiantely a pretty trick looking bike...

We were both pretty comparable riders...neither is gonna win the Baja 1000 but not beginners either.

He got me through the whoops, so he had about a bike and a half on me...once we got onto the up-hill portion I pulled him in and went by him and put about 3 bikes on him and was still pulling away by the time we reached the top...

We got to the bottom and again he was cool...didnt make any excuses...just said when he gets a pipe, power commander and a filter kit...he's down to go again.

I know this is my first post here so dont freak out and think Im trolling....Never had much to add before I guess.

For comparions sake...also raced him on an stock 06 YFZ450, and he put about 2 bikes on me consistently up the hill and was still pulling away.

Just trying to give you an idea of where the Suzuki is at stock

Hey... great info man! I can't wait to see one of these things in person. Hopefully there'll be one at the races this coming w/e.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Sounds like an honest non-bashing post to me. Nice work.
    ~mike
    --------------------------------------------------
    2005 - ATK VR
    Rated X A-Arms, TCS Shocks, Moto-axle, Tag X5, AC Pro-Peg Nerfs, Black Widow Exhaust, Short Air Horn
    AASCO Pro 90 - AC Racing Nerfs, Bumper, and Grab Bar
    Kymco Mongoose 50 - DTZ Exhaust
    Kazuma Meerkat 50

i wil sel my soul for one if they will ever show up on the east coast
    04 450r sweetttt!!!
    07 kfx700
    "4strokin454"

Did the ltr have paddles? I have heard gearing is way off on the ltr when you put a 20 inch paddle from a 18 inch knob. That ltr gearing is prob. way off to run the hill good if it did have paddles.

Originally posted by rawdeal
    Did the ltr have paddles? I have heard gearing is way off on the ltr when you put a 20 inch paddle from a 18 inch knob. That ltr gearing is prob. way off to run the hill good if it did have paddles.
    It did have 20in paddles on it...dont think he put a sprocket on it, he at least didnt mention it if he did. Only thing as far as I know was the silencer baffle removed.

Cool it figured it would have a little more then current yfz or trx 450's. stock verses stk. It better be a little faster with all of the hype.

We have five different makes of sprockets. We couldn't find a match from a YFZ, Raptor, Dale, Z400 and a mystery sprocket.. I'm sure a RMZ front sprocket will bolt right up.. Good honest review btw..
    02 ATKannondale 478 Moto
    DABs Magic, Falicon'd
    TCS, AC's K&N
    21" 8 paddle Hauler/Glider mix
    21" 8 paddle Gliders
    Ultimates, Mohawks

03 Athena 434z by DAB Racing
    Dyna ignition, Hotcams, 40 FCR
    WB Ti/Carbon pipe, Mohawks,
    20" 8 Paddle Gliders, K&N no box

http://community.webshots.com/user/sandgod4 for your action shots..

Great review. Thanks for the post.
    I just picked up my LT-R on Saturday and will be bringing it to the dunes next weekend. With a 36 tooth rear sprocket it will definitely not pull the hill as fast. Definitely need a gear change. I'm going to order a 13 tooth front for a RMZ450 tomorrow. I'm sure it's the same. I'll be running 21'' Gliders for the hill.
    '09 Yamaha YFZ450R
    '08 Raptor 700
    '07 Victory Jackpot
    '82 Suzuki RM250

Originally posted by Mike Jones
    It did have 20in paddles on it...dont think he put a sprocket on it, he at least didnt mention it if he did. Only thing as far as I know was the silencer baffle removed.
    Did he have his air box lid removed as well?? Was there any significant weight difference between you both?
    '06 trx450r

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast