Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki LT-R450 controls

Suzuki LT-R450 controls

I bought a LT-R450 a couple weeks ago. It is a nice quad, alot different than my trusty TRX250R. Now I need to replace the clutch perch/parking brake/starter button/kill switch assembly. The dealer didn't know what parts would make the change over yet since it was so new. Clutch lever has to be pulled in to start the bike, so something has to be done here also. New handlebars would be nice, but since the front brake line is so short the rise in the new bars has to be close to the stock bars. The bars I bought had to high of a rise, and would not work as the brake line was to tight to turn right. Need a throttle kit too. Taking the plastic off is a hassle too, gotta be about 30 fasteners to take off front & rear fenders & tank cover. No petcock to turn off. Thing is kinda heavy too, seems that way when lifted vertical compared to a full TRX250R Roll Lobo 2 desert racebike. Anyone know if the starter button from a 450 Suzuki motocross bike might work? Throttle assembly? Starter button? Tops out way to quickly, no room for a larger countershaft sprocket. Rear sprocket is the only option, but the chain is almost on the sprocket mount stock. Might fit a 2 tooth smaller on the rear but its close. stock is 14x36. Using 22" & 20" front and rear tires helped only alittle on the top speed. Never liked running 22" rears but that might be a partial solution. In the southwest suspension & top end handling are what we are looking for. Also don't want to spend $450 for a steering stabilizer as a $20 volkswagen stabilzer has worked fine since '86. How about a desert seat? Any answers would be appreciated. I don't think I'll be getting rid of my 2 stroke bikes just yet. Definitely old school here. Any OEM dealers/aftermarket people out there to help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 Roll Designs Lobo II
    06 Suzuki LT-R450
    87 Suzuki LT500
    86 Suzuki LT250

Suzukiquadracerhq.com

That's a great idea about the Volks Steering Stab. I happen to have one laying around. I'm gonna try it out.
    Honda 420EX
    Dist. 3 MX #180
    WNYOA #518
    GNCC #018

what brand of bars did you get? call up the manufacture and talk to them about an appropriate brake line size. you probably need a longer line, or an aftermarket clamp! very nice quad man! is this your only sport quad besides your 250r? it is probably a much different feel compared to your R, but damn, i would have to imagine it would be better in every respect! have you had alot of seat time on it yet?

oh yeah, check out these sites for parts:

www.rockymountainatv.com
    www.motosport.com
    www.denniskirk.com
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

It doesnt sound like you like that bike one bit. Is that the case or are you just finding the bugs and are bothered but them?
    Sold the LTR and kept my TRX! Tells you which one i liked better

The TAG bars I can return for another bend, but will require new bar clamps for the 1 1/8" pro taper style. I called Bo at Roll Design, he had a LT-R450 in their shop for mock up. No steering stems yet. He said that they are working on a-arms but nothing just yet for release and call back in a month. The front brake line will need replacing, the stocker is way complicated with extra fittings and mounts.
    As far as riding the thing yes I have taken it out for some seat time with my wife and a racing friend. It's gonna need some race setup. It is impressive but the sensation of speed is different compared with the lobo 2 bike. The quality of the Roll bike is hard to beat with Elka Elite suspension. The engine braking will take the most time getting used to.
    I 've raced on afew different machines in the past: Roll Suzuki LT500, Roll Yamaha Banshee, and a Yamaha Blaster lengthened w/ long travel suspension. Even placing well enough to make it in the mags.
    Thanks for your suggestions and input Wolfman.
    04 Roll Designs Lobo II
    06 Suzuki LT-R450
    87 Suzuki LT500
    86 Suzuki LT250

Suzukiquadracerhq.com

Got anymore pics of it with the plastics off? If so please post them or send them to greencash02@aol.com Thanks for your time, Nick.
    2007 LTR450 Walsh/Fox/Pep/Dasa/Atp/Maxxis/Rpm

Its just beeoaching about it King. Resistance to change. It is heavy, but it does haul butt.
    RM throttle, kill button, start button work on the LT-R?
    Going to adapt these lights, anyone know the stator output? Not in the owners manual.
    04 Roll Designs Lobo II
    06 Suzuki LT-R450
    87 Suzuki LT500
    86 Suzuki LT250

Suzukiquadracerhq.com

Plastics removed.
    04 Roll Designs Lobo II
    06 Suzuki LT-R450
    87 Suzuki LT500
    86 Suzuki LT250

Suzukiquadracerhq.com

plastics off
    04 Roll Designs Lobo II
    06 Suzuki LT-R450
    87 Suzuki LT500
    86 Suzuki LT250

Suzukiquadracerhq.com

Ever rode a stock YFZ450 or 450R? If so , how would you compare the power?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast