Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki LT-R450 QuadRacer Press Intro - Ride Test

Suzuki LT-R450 QuadRacer Press Intro - Ride Test

Devore, CA - Suzuki invited the media from around the World to test their new LT-R450 QuadRacer at the famous Glen Helen Raceway in sunny California and ATVriders.com was one of the few websites invited.

I arrived in California on Tuesday evening, and I spent Wednesday riding the new Quadracer at Glen Helen in completely stock setup for the morning, and for the afternoon the Yoshimura Cherry Bomb was installed with its 7HP boost in power, which really woke up this beast.

I have been so busy the past several months that I haven’t been on an ATV since October, and the last time I rode on an MX track was August, but after only a few laps on the LT-R450, I had the confidence to triple into the whoops and clear every double and table top on the track besides one triple, which had a flat landing and I just didn’t want to risk it, and I was much more impressed with the LTR450 than I ever expected, but I will save all the details until I have more time to test the LT-R450 this weekend at Glen Helen because I plan on racing atleast one moto in round one of the ATVA MX Nationals, but I doubt that I will race on Sunday unless I actually win, which I doubt since this will be the first time that I have ever raced at an MX National.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Also, since that I am not a seasoned MX racer, I decided it would be best to have a Pro MX Racer to test the new Suzuki for ATVriders.com, so I invited Top Ten Pro Rider, Jason Dunkelberger, to take a spin on the new LTR450 and give me his feedback.

I picked Jason because he is one of the few Top 10 Pros that isn't signed by any one manufacturer, and I wanted to get an unbiased opinion. Again with out going into all the details yet, I will say that Jason was pleasantly surprised with the QuadRacer.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

William Yokley also was in attendance, so I also had him provide some feedback on the LTR450, and he looked like a natural on the MX track. He also will be racing the QuadRacer this weekend at Glen Helen.

Ofcourse Doug Gust & Jeremiah Jones were in attendance

Here is the solution for the Rear Number Plate

I think the new QuadRacer will be perfect for the woods with only a few changes, but the one thing is that it doesn't have a standard full swingarm skid, but does provide rotor and chain protection with a smaller rear skidplate

Suzuki attention to detail on this machine is incredible and the reason for the Front shock Reservoirs being turned backwards is to move the center of gravity inward

Yoshimura will be releasing a Kick Start Kit in the very near future, but no retail value has been set yet. It is expected to cost between $300 - $400 and will save several pounds of weight

Yoshimura also has several enhancements products available, and I will go into more details on these in the article.

Suzuki will also offer their own Accessories for the LTR450

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast