Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: went to the dyno and...

went to the dyno and...

i have a 508 yfz with a sparks big core, a pro design pro flow kit, a gytr jet kit, a dyna cdi, and a 11:1 cp piston, and i hit...a whopping... 40 hp with 33 ft lbs of torque what the f*!k happened??? mine you i am running irazr tires and tire balls but damn!!! i am thinking of going to a 12.5:1 piston when i had it at a stock bore it only hit 34.7 hp. i think its a combination of low compression and heavy rear tires. any info would be great!

Yeah, most 450s w/ big bores run high comp pistons. Yours is probably more reliable though.

What size are your rear tires.

Jetting????

20/11/9

Lets see a graph and a/f graph too. A 508 seems like it should run better than that even with low compression. I dunno though, lets see a graph.
    TRX450R...Pulse Charger, 12.25 HH, HotCam S2, KW valves and springs, P&P, UNI filter, airbox outterwears, Woodward fuel screw, Denton stabilizer,ProArmor K/S, Elka Elite longtravel 17" w/dual linkage, Figair airbrushed hood, Holeshot fronts, Razr II's rears, AC Propeg nerfs, +1 1/2 stem, Armidillo skids.
    And a very well modded 03 warrior, engine, suspension, etc

I would think it would be putting out more, but what do i know about thumpers lol
    AIM: ESR330R

nevermind the lind going down across the graph the torque is the other line.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f05c49c1.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/f05c4af6.jpg

Re: went to the dyno and...

Originally posted by raptor0443
    i have a 508 yfz with a sparks big core, a pro design pro flow kit, a gytr jet kit, a dyna cdi, and a 11:1 cp piston, and i hit...a whopping... 40 hp with 33 ft lbs of torque what the f*!k happened??? mine you i am running irazr tires and tire balls but damn!!! i am thinking of going to a 12.5:1 piston when i had it at a stock bore it only hit 34.7 hp. i think its a combination of low compression and heavy rear tires. any info would be great!
    1) Knobbies really hurt the dyno reading. It's not the weight. They add slip and extra resistance all at the same time. You need a good set of street/slicks on there for a good dyno run. I'd say you're easily loosing 4hp+ because of the tires alone.

2) was the dyno a cart/atv dyno? Others will have heavier drums.

3) have you had any head combustion chamber work done? That can help out the HP a lot.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

it was an atv dyno, and no i haven't had any head work done, i will have to wait until next year to do that. but i am put ing in a 13:1 piston in it and a hotcams intake cam this weekend and i'll see what that does.

Don't spend anymore money until some bigger valves and major portwork is done. Are you running the stock cams? If you are that's also where you are losing a LOT of power.

Get yourself:

a pair, or one, cam
    bigger valves
    good portwork
    heavier valve springs

Leave the piston alone for now and see the numbers fly off the chart.
    TRX450R...Pulse Charger, 12.25 HH, HotCam S2, KW valves and springs, P&P, UNI filter, airbox outterwears, Woodward fuel screw, Denton stabilizer,ProArmor K/S, Elka Elite longtravel 17" w/dual linkage, Figair airbrushed hood, Holeshot fronts, Razr II's rears, AC Propeg nerfs, +1 1/2 stem, Armidillo skids.
    And a very well modded 03 warrior, engine, suspension, etc

is there someone who has heads already ported to where you can just send them your head as a core and they send you a already ported head???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast